Saturday, 5 March 2011

Sweet Stampin' Challenge - A Sketch by Jo

Over at Sweet Stampin' this week we have a wonderful sketch by Jo for you to follow.


Good, isn't it?  Follow the link and take a look at the cards my Teamies have made - believe me, they're fabulous!

Here's my interpretation of the sketch. 




I decided to make an easel card 'cos I just love 'em and I had this fabulous Bo Bunny paper burning a hole in the drawer.


I don't normally go for such bright colours but I just love this double-sided paper - I'll have to see if I can get some more!  I used another Lily of the Valley stamp from the last collection and coloured her with Copics. I used gold Stickles on the dandelions and Glamour Dust on her wings. 





I cut a Whiff of Joy ticket using their stamps and die and gave it a good doing with some distress ink (went a bit mad here, actually). I had some Making Memories co-ordinating ribbon left from when God was a boy and put the ticket on this using a couple of yellow brads.  The pale yellow scalloped Bazzill border was cut using a Magnolia lace die and the scalloped circle is a Sizzix die.  Finally, the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.

I hope I can get some crafting time tomorrow.  I started a card for last weeks Just Magnolia challenge but couldn't get it finished on time, so I might try to get that done and put it in this week, as it's an Anything Goes challenge. 

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday!

Hugs,

Tracey xx

7 comments:

Fiona said...

wow...faberooney. Love the image and how you have coloured her...she's soooo cute!! love the flowers too oh and did I say I love the papers too!!

Fi
x

Faye said...

Yes, exactly what Fi says and I love easel cards. I think this has to be one of my all time Tracey favs! Mwah, mwah. xxx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous, hugs pops x x

Claire said...

This is just gorgeous Tracey - love the colour tones and of course the gorgeous LOTV image. Hugs, Claire x

Lorraine said...

this is so pretty i just love your colouring and the delish papers xx

An Occasional Genius said...

Oh hon, you really do make the most gorgeous cards. I love it, bright, cheery & oh so sweet xx

Ina Emilie said...

What a lovely card. I love that the picture and flowers calm dowm the paper så you can se it better :)