I've been trying to even up my work-life balance so that the life part actually gets a look-in. Part of this process obviously has to include more time for internet stash shopping and making cards. I haven't had too much success so far, but I am trying and have actually managed to make a card mid-week for probably the first time since we went back to school.
This was made for the Lili of the Valley challenge which is "Missing You". I used their cute image of the boy and the girl on the swing (my brother had a tank top like that!) and coloured it with Copics. I used Distress ink for the background but just a touch as I wanted it to be very soft.
The DP is from the K&Co Watercolour pad again. This is fast becoming a rival to my K&Co Madeleine pad, which I absolutely lurve. In fact the little MS butterfly was punched from a scrap of Madeleine paper. The image has been mounted onto the silly Doohickey doily and you might just be able to see the LOTV grunge letter stamp poking on the left.
The flowers are, of course, from Wild Orchid Crafts (their peachy colours are a perfect match for the peach tones in the Watercolour pad) and the sentiment was done on the computer and cut out with a circle punch.
And voilà, as they say in French France.
At school I take a small group of kids for European Studies - for a variety of reasons, they're not able to join in a language class at school. They're a great bunch and could be best described as "lively". Those you who read the Austria/bird post will already be familiar with these little cherubs. We are basically "travelling" around Europe and they get to choose which countries we visit. So far they've managed to avoid every country whose native tongue happens to be a language I can speak... hmmm...
Anyway, it would appear that they've worked out that at some point during each country topic I'll bring in food for them to try from that particular corner of the world. We're in Greece at the mo and last week I brought in olives, houmous, pitta bread etc. Apart from a regurgitated olive situation, which wasn't too pleasant (A dinnae like it, Miss, it's hingin') this practice appears to have been a success. However, it seems that the class are now basing their choice of future European destinations solely on what I'm likely to bring in for them to eat. Now, no offence to anyone from Ireland, but I was quite surprised when this appeared to be the hot favourite as our next port of call. Apart from soda bread I struggled to think of what culinary delights I could buy locally (don't let me go off on a tangent about our lack of shops) so I asked the class what it was that appealed to them so much. "Guinness, Miss!"
And on that note, I'm off to put something red and liquid into a glass.
Hugs,
Tracey xx

7 comments:
Wonderful card Tracey, that image is my LOTV fave! Thanks for joining us at LOTV this week x
Hi sweetie this is just gorgeous, I love your colour choices too perfect, thanks for joining us at LOTV this time big hugs love Pops x x x
Oh my! This is so cute! Georgeous colour choise, sweetie!
Thanks for playing with us at LOTV this time - hope to see you again at our next challenge :)
Hugs, Lena K
Gorgeous card hu, love the image and great colour tones. I'm impressed you have made a card mid week as I have struggled and can only just about manage some time at the weekend, so know exactly how you feel. You've got to love these kids, they obviously have their heads screwed on LOL - I suggest you buy some coke (as it's dark in colour) give it a good old shake so when it's poured into a glass hey presto it looks like a pint of guinness with the froth on top! LOL. Have a great day. Hugs, Claire x
Ha ha - guiness lol!!! Priceless... Which leads to wonder if any of them know what it tastes like, I think it's awful!
Your card is beautiful, I want to start entering the LOTV challenges but oh where does the time go? Keep up the stash shopping sweetie xx
This is such a sweet card Tracey ! Love the cute image and your embellies are gorgeous ! Hugs and love from Catherine
stunning card tracey.your colours and design are fabulous and i love the gorgeous image :D
xx coops xx
Post a Comment