Saturday, 17 September 2011

Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Flowers

It would be fair to say that I like flowers.  A lot.  And I love putting them on my cards.  In fact, I don't often make cards without a bit of a floral arrangement of some kind.  So when it was my turn to choose a theme for this week's challenge at Sweet Stampin', I didn't have to think too hard!  My adorable teamie Wedgie came up with this fabulous sketch for us to follow - I loved using it and will definitely follow this again.


I had a go at a sort-of mono effect just to make a change.  I like these K&Co papers - they're from the Julianne 6x6 pack - and because they go so well together I wanted to stick with browns and creams in my image.  The lovely hAnglar girlie has been coloured with Copics and I distressed the edges and background with some Pumice Stone ink.

The little sentiment is by Lili of the Valley and I used the Doohickey lace die again - it's probably my most used die and it cuts really well every time.  The gems are from  my stash and the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.

The Sweeties have worked their magic with the most wonderful DT cards this week, so do hop over and join in if you can.  The sketch is optional, the flower theme is a requirement!  We've also got a DT call out, so if you're interested in being part of the happiest, friendliest, funniest and occasionally bonkers team of crafters, we'd love to see your designs.

Have a great day!

Hugs,

Tracey x

10 comments:

An Occasional Genius said...

Hmm, I like the look of those papers too!! haven't brought new paper for ages (not that I need any!) I really love your card & wonder if it was in my subconscious when I created mine....

What do you mean, occasionally bonkers???? I aspire to be permanently bonkers lol!!

Now go get on with that housework!! Hugs x

Rachel said...

Gorgeous card hun, those papers are sooo pretty. Hope you're well. Wedgie xxx

Claire said...

Love this card Tracey and I think you and Abi were in cahoots with your colours LOL as you both came up with monochromatic and I love it. Really sweet image. Have a fab weekend. Hugs, Claire x

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Tracey, love the colour and image.
The flowers are fabulous and a grerat sketch.

Luv CHRISSYxx

coops said...

stunning card tracey.the image is gorgeous and i love your beautiful colours and design :D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

Your card is gorgeous Tracey ! Love the colours and the flowers are superb ! Hugs and love from Catherine

Pop's Cards said...

Adorable in gorgeous colours hugs pops x

Kimberly said...

What a stunning card.... I love how you embellished it with the flowers, and your color choice is fantastic...tfs
www.justwordz.ca

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous! Love the monochrome tones and beautiful flowers.

Unknown said...

This is so elegant, love the colours, so elegant xxx