Saturday, 10 September 2011

Yes, it's really me!

No, it's not a figment of your imagination ... it really is me and what's more, I've made a card. Yay!  The first couple of weeks back at school have been even more busy than usual and I seem to have had 101 things to do out of school, too.  Still, at least I'm not bored!  Apologies, tho' for not being able to get round to leaving comments for everyone - must try harder!

Loads to tell you today, so before I show you my card I need to remind you to hop over to Sweet Stampin' for our Teenage Challenge.  Now for all you Kevin and Perry parents I don't mean "how challenging is your teenager?"!  We'd like to see your creations for a teenager. The Team Fi Sweeties have made some real beauties to inspire you, so do come along and play if you can.

Now for the card. I was originally, two weeks ago, trying to make something for the Lovely hAnglar Only challenge, which was Lilac and Cream.  I had some lovely paper left in the K&Co Watercolour pad but I prefered the other side, which was all flowery, glittery and not really lilac and cream.  So I printed off some papers from Pink Petticoat.  Really pretty - or they would have been, if I hadn't run out of ink. Hmmm...


Thank goodness for Tracy at Dies to Die For.  Fresh back from her hols she sent me a little parcel (OK, I admit, I've been shopping again) and in it was a little 6"x6" Magnolia paper in just the right colour.  On it went, topped with two cut outs of the silly Doily Die, some purple ribbon, my little hAnglar girl who'd been hanging around already coloured for nearly a fortnight, flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts and a Lili of the Valley Sentiment.  And that was my card - done. Except for just one thing...


Those of you who enter your little hAnglar cuties in the LhO challenges will know that you need to get them in by 5pm on a Saturday.  I know this.  Unfortunately I didn't remember that I know this until 7pm tonight.

Anyway, all is not lost - I'm going to enter the card into the following challenges:-

Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Stamp Something - Anything Goes (their last challenge!)

The Boy Wonder has settled into High School so well - what a relief.  He's been doing Home Eco and loving it so today he made lunch - pepperoni pizza - and it was delicious! It made up for the fact that I got soaked this morning trying to pick damsons before they blew off the tree in the gales! I've got a couple of kilos promised to a colleague who has traded me some fabulous  chanterelle mushrooms.  The rest is going into damson gin.  We don't really eat jam, the Boy Wonder and I, so I thought I'd get some nice bottles from Lakeland and give some gin as Christmas pressies.  Of course I'll need to have regular tastings for quality control and all that!

Hugs

Tracey xx

8 comments:

Claire said...

Hi Tracey what a gorgeous card, love the image and the purple is just gorgeous. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Claire x

Anonymous said...

Your card is stunning Tracey ! I love the doily shape and the colours are gorgeous ! Hugs and love from Catherine

coops said...

beautiful card tracey,the image is gorgeous and i love your pretty design ;D

xx coops xx

Pop's Cards said...

Stunning sweetie, stunning, hugs pops x

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie absolutely gorgeous love the colour & she is one of my fave hanglars.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Unknown said...

This is so pretty Tracey, how elegant and classy, love it xxx

An Occasional Genius said...

Well so long as you're not giving the Boy Wonder the damson gin lol! Great idea for Christmas gifts though, I love giving home made.

Such a pretty card & what's wrong with a 'little' shopping spree now & again (or every week!) xx

Jilly said...

Tracey, You did the spectacular work with the ribbon, button, layers and lots of things but I thing you forget to make smile on her face. She is looking beautiful with blue dress, One of the prince in your blog.
printed travel mugs