Saturday, 12 November 2011

Sweet Stampin' - Gingham

Happy Saturday everyone!  This is a scheduled post as I'm on a course today but I wanted to let you know about the new challenge which starts this morning over at Sweet Stampin'.

This week we'd like to see gingham on your creations, please.  I think most of us like gingham and even if you don't have any gingham DP in your stash, there are plenty available to download - Pink Petticoat has a great colour collection.

Anyway, here's my card.  I tried something new and I'm not entirely sure how successful I've been.  I've had a go at colouring on Kraft with my much neglected Prisma pencils.  I enjoyed doing the hair and stocking, but struggled with the skin. I just couldn't get the colour quite right, so if you have any advice, please let me know!
The image is one of my (many) new Magnolia Christmas stamps.  I know I've gone overboard with these, but I think it's my all-time favourite Maggie collection.  The holly is also a Magnolia stamp which has been coloured with pencils and cut out. I put some Glossy Accents on the berries to make them shine!   I gave the Tilda image a good dose of Glamour Dust on the fur trim of her stocking and used a MS PATP punch around the entire Kraft square. 

The sentiment is another Maggie  which I stamped onto Kraft card and cut out with a circle punch.  I distressed this a bit with some Walnut Stain ink.  The lovely paper is from the SEI paper pad; I wish there was more paper like this in it, as some of the designs I know I will never use, but so far I haven't managed to find a 12"x12" version of this paper.  The cotton lace is my last piece of this and I wish I could remember where I got it!

So, a fairly simple card but although I'm not completely happy with my colouring I do like the colour scheme.  In fact, I've bought Christmas decorations in this style although they won't be going up until the week we finish school.  But that will be here before we know it ...

Have a lovely weekend, everyone.

Hugs

Tracey xx

15 comments:

Vicky said...

It's gorgeous Tracey....love the image and super gingham dp's too hun....

have a lovely afternoon...hugs Vicky xx

Claire said...

This is a really sweet card Tracey and I love the image! Have a great weekend. Hugs, Claire x

Pamela said...

Beautiful Tracy, great image.

Pam x

Vicky said...

HI sweetie this is gorgeous I absolutely love gingham & your colouring on kraft looks fabulous hun. Its awesome.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Chrissy said...

You have done a fabulous job Tracey, gorgeous card.Love the gingham too.

Luv CHRISSYxx

mixamatoasties said...

Fab card Tracey.

I really want to try the stamping on kraft card, just not plucked up the courage yet ;)

Susan xx

CraftyC said...

Hiya Tracey, hope today went well. Love your card. Not tried colourig on kraft yet but will pluck up the courage one day lol
Clairexx

Unknown said...

Hi Tracy, no advice for colouring on Kraft - I've seen it around blogland loads, but I don't have any Kraft so can't help.

I think it looks fine myself tho - it's a great card and a really sweet image.

Sarah

coops said...

gorgeous card tracey.the tilds is so sweet and i love your stunning colouring on the kraft ;D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

What a delicious card Tracey ! I love the gingham paper and this little Tilda is so so sweet ! Hugs and love from Catherine

Natali said...

Beautiful card. Like your classic Christmas colour and nice details. Love your image coloring as well.
Hugs
Natali

Tracy said...

What a cutie! I love the mix of the red gingham with the kraft. Such a cozy looking match. Sweet card Tracey. :-) Thanks so much for leaving me a comment on my GD card for this week. I really enjoyed guesting for SS this month. :-) Hugs!

An Occasional Genius said...

I think your colouring look lovely hon, it's a very pretty card. I bet your Christmas decorations look lovely in these colours. Is that paper lace I see on there??? Well at least it's not black lol! xx

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous, love the Tilda image... I've never tried colouring on Kraft paper yet, love to try it xxx

F.T said...

This card is amazing!!!! The colors are stunning and you did such an excellent job on the coloring!!

Printing on Plastic
Plastic card Printing