Saturday, 11 February 2012

Love and Layers

Hello!  I'm much later posting this than I had planned, but Blogger has been extremely naughty and hasn't been letting me upload any of my photos. 

So many challenges at the moment obviously centre around Valentines Day. As I'm not the slushy-mushy type I find these a bit difficult to do, but when the latest Tildas were released and I saw this little cutie, I knew I'd have to change the habits of a lifetime if I wanted to use this gorgeous stamp!



I coloured Tilda with Copics and splodged Pumice Stone DI around the edges of the image mat using a sponge and the tiny Stempleglede grunge stamp.  Pretty much everything else has had a good doin' with DI too. 

I've used Magnolia papers and sandwiched between them is a layer of tulle. I put a layer of white Bazzill under the image; the border was made with a Martha Stewart PATP punch and again, had Pumice Stone ink liberally splodged all over it.

I wrapped some red twine around the card and used this to tie on the hearts charm.  And I had to add some flowers, from Wild Orchid Crafts of course.

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Magnolia Stamp Lovers - Use Twine
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes + love (optional)
Magnolialicious Challenge - picture inspiration
CES Challenge Blog - Lots of Layers (at least 3)

And before I go, I must tell you about our new challenge over at Sweet Stampin'. This week we're asking you for Clean and Simple designs.  Hop over here to see what my lovely teamies have made to inspire you!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Hugs

Tracey xx

17 comments:

Tracy said...

Looks like you do slushy-mushy pretty good to me. :-) Your image is gorgeous and you've created a lovely card design with the layering. :-) Very , VERY pretty Tracey! Hugs!

cabio's craft corner said...

Super sweet Tilda card. The flowers and that charm look fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Magnolia-licious Challenge and hope to see you for the next ones :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Angie said...

Great card love the colours.
Thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly.
Angie x

catherine said...

this is such a beautiful card Tracey and such a gorgeous image
x catherine

Claire said...

Aww beautiful card and love the little charm, gives it a lovely touch. Hugs, Claire x

coops said...

gorgeous card tracey.the tilda is so sweet and i love your pretty colours and design ;D

xx coops xx

Mary J said...

Tracey, this is super sweet! Love that flwoer arrangement and your inky edges just perfect!

Vicky said...

Gorgeous hun...and I have linked up too ;O)

big hugs Vicky xx

sara said...

your card is beautiful tracy i have been looking for an email address to contact you but havent found one so could you please email me at sara.winter@mail.com i have a question i wish to ask you
hugs sara x x x

Lori said...

I love this linky party. I can't believe I have missed out on so many great blogs...like yours. I'm now following on Linky, so follow back and we can stay connected. Lori

Liefs Ineke said...

Your creation is very nice.
Hugs
Ineke xxxxx

Faye said...

You've rocked, sweet pretty Valentines with this beauty. ANd your colouring is Fan.Tastic!! xxx

anita01 said...

Eindeloos mooi hoor.

Warme groetjes,
Anita

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, Wow this is stunning love your colours, amazing creation as always big hugs love Pops x x x

xxxtglxxx said...

Tracey, this is SOOOO Gorgeous! :)

Beautiful colours and colouring, and such pretty layout, papers and design. That charm rocks! :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card sweetie loving the lush Tilda image. Your colouring looks fabbylicious hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Julie said...

Gorgeous card Tracy! Fab colouring and lush papers! Thanks for playing along with us at CES Challenges this week, Juliex