Saturday, 7 April 2012

Using Basic Grey Papers

I'm posting this while waiting for friends to arrive, so it's going to be quick!  I love Basic Grey papers (the proof of this lies in the drawer full of pads and 12" x12" sheets!) so I really wanted to make something for the Magnolia Stamp Lovers challenge, which is to use ... that's right, Basic Grey papers!

I decided to go for a very straightforward layout so that you can actually see the papers rather than do lots of layers.  The papers I've used are from the Piccadilly and Ambrosia collections.



I coloured Tilda with Copics and added a fair bit of Glamour Dust to her dress and bow.  The only embellies are roses from Wild Orchid Crafts, punched Martha Stewart butterflies and a big red bow.

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday!

Tracey xx

11 comments:

Jacqui P said...

ooh Tracey, I love this, quite simple but really effective! lovely!!
hugs
Jacqui xx

Hazel said...

Tracey

Such a beautiful card - I too love Basic Grey papers - did you know you can buy them digitally now?

Take care

hazel x

Rachel said...

Gorgeous card Tracey, love that red swirly backing paper. Fab colouring too. Hope you're having a lovely weekend, Wedgie xxx

Kim said...

Beautiful card, I love the red! I am a fan of all paper lol!

Anonymous said...

Your card is gorgeous Tracey ! The bow and the flowers look scrumptious ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Claire said...

This is a super gorgeous card hun - looks stunning in red. Hugs, Claire x

coops said...

wow this is fantastic tracey.stunning rich red colours and gorgeous image :D

xx coops xx

Linda Beeson said...

She is adorable, I am so in love with those great colors!!!

An Occasional Genius said...

Ooh Tracey, it's gorgeous! Love seeing your papers, sometimes we cover too much of their beauty up! Fab colouring too hon, hope you had a lovely time xx

Tracy said...

Red is always so stunning, but scary too. LOL You've done a lovely job with it Tracey. Hugs!

Serena said...

Tracey this card is soooo LOVELY! The red and white combo is amazing! Great colouring too!!!!!

xoxo