Saturday, 8 September 2012

G'day!

Fingers crossed that after the last two manic weeks at school I can now start to get back into a more normal routine and start crafting again.  I was able to colour some images for an upcoming DT project last night and it felt so lovely to be doing something other than schoolwork or housework!

I've got a few projects on the go at the moment but nothing ready to post, so I thought I'd share another bit of the mini album I made for my dear friend and colleague who retired recently.  She has been planning a trip to see family in Australia, so this cute Tilda stamp seemed the perfect choice.



The papers are from the MME Sunny Side pad and they've been layered to form little pockets for my friend to put photos or other mementos in.  Tilda has been coloured with Distress Markers; the postcard is a Lily of the Valley stamp which I really should use more.

There are a couple of animal challenges out in Blogland at the moment that I would like to enter.


Magnolia Stamp Lovers - Animal
Midweek Magnolias - Animal (non-domesticated)


Before I go, I must let you know about our new challenge at Sweet Stampin'!  This week it's White on White and let me tell you, the DT creations are amazing! We've got prizes from Letraset (Promarkers) and from our lovely Sweetie Natali, as well as our monthly sponsor Joanna Sheen.  Lots to play for, then and a fabulous challenge!

I'm rushing off to get everything done today so that I can (hopefully) get some crafting time tomorrow.  It's not all work for me today, though...  all being well the Boy Wonder and I will be going to collect something a bit special!  More news of that next time!

Have a lovely day.

Hugs

Tracey xx

14 comments:

Claire said...

This is just lovely, great image and love the papers and colours. Hugs, Claire x

Jules said...

Hi Tracey

A couple of very special pages from a very special book. It all looks amazing.

Love the little postcard stamp you have used. I put it back when I was at the NEC .. .. silly girl!!!

Hope live settles down for you soon.

Have a good Sunday.

Love Jules xx

coops said...

so stunning tracey.your design is fab and i love your gorgeous colours and sweet image :D

xx coops xx

Jacqui P said...

G'day Mate!! Simply gorgeous pages, such a great idea for a friend! thankyou sooooo much for the heads up!! soo excited have been waiting to buy some christmas stamps for ages!
Still sunny in Dundee :)
Hugs
Jacqui x

Jacqui P said...

Forget Lock up your daughters! If he's that gorgeous tell him to get some running shoes, we live about 5 mins from Monifieth high, and hubby if offshore 2weeks out of four!!! ROFL!!
Hugs
Jacqui xx

Anonymous said...

This is so adorable Tracey ! You friend will loooooove it ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Rachel said...

Wow! Fab project Tracey! Your friend is going to love it! Fab papers and a gorgeous image.

Hope you're having a good weekend, Wedgie xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Tracey, my goodness this is wonderful - such a sweet image and your colouring is just perfect!

Hope you've had a good weekend, with no tantrums!!!!

Sarah

Vicky said...

Oh wow sweetie this is absolutely gorgeous love this whole design is amazing & I love how Tilda is coloured. A stunning creation shug.

Hope you manage to get more time to craft hunni.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

catherine said...

This is such a beautiful gift to give to your friend Tracey and I'm sure she will just love it. I love mini books and a great way to keep memories special. Hope you have had a good weekend
x catherine

Tracy said...

I'm not really a big Tilda fan but this one is really cute and works so well for your friends book. Great way to use it in the mini album Tracey. :-) Hugs!

Suzi Mac said...

Fabulous creation, gorgeous colours and that sweet Tilda, what more could anyone ask. Thank you for joining us at Midweek Magnolias this week.
Hugs
Suzi x

Faye said...

These papers look really pretty together. I can't wait to see what you've been working for in the background. X

mixamatoasties said...

Oh she's fab! Love the little Koala. I want one :)

And thank you for your lovely, if slightly inaccurate, comments on Andy's birthday card ;)

Susan xx