Saturday, 1 September 2012

Inspired by a Song or a Film

There's a new challenge at Sweet Stampin' today! Our challenge this week is for you to create something stamped which is inspired by a song or a film.  We are being sponsored by Papelitos Stamps so we were all given some digis to play with.  Mine is called Alice, so I had a choice: Alice in Wonderland or something else.




After much faffing about I went with something else!  My choice has, however, caused some consternation over at Sweet Stampin' Towers as I am now responsible for putting a naughty song in the heads of my lovely Teamies!  I decided on "Livin' Next Door to Alice" from all those years ago when I was a teenager.  And then I remembered that a certain rotund comedian (and I use the term loosely) did his own version... 

Moving swiftly on... I stamped a row of Magnolia houses and put my Alice image in front of them using sticky pads.  The papers are also Magnolia and I added a punch MS border, lots of Wild Orchid Crafts flowers and some blue ribbon to finish it off.

I do hope you can come over to Sweet Stampin' to take a look at what the rest of the DT have made to inspire you.  It would be great to have you playing along with us this week - remember to stamp and, this week, to mention on your post the song or film behind your creation.

Many apologies for being away from my blog this week.  Work has been pretty full-on but I hope to be able to get back to normal in a week or so.

Have a lovely weekend!

Hugs

Tracey xx

19 comments:

Chrissy said...

Hee,hee,I remember that song, used to sing it at the pub, many many years ago..quite loudly too..

Fabulous card Tracey, love Alice, fabulous colouring, the background looks super, and love the pretty edging..

luv CHRISSYxx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous...love the scene you have created.xxx

An Occasional Genius said...

Hmmm..yes, well. Nuff said I think, suffice to say we were almost all well acquainted with the said song already lol! Except for I think 1 of us who immediately shot off to you tube despite being warned not to (no names mentioned of course Jenny!)

joking aside sweetie, it's a wonderful card. Hope next week is a little calmer for you xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is super, and ARGHHH Im now singing it too!!! That said Rotund "Comedien" was up here and my cousin went to see him!!! They got a 30 minute show for their money!!Rip off!!!
Hope you have a great weekend, Love Hazelxo

Anonymous said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous Tracey ! Love the images and the frame is totally awesome ! Have a lovely week-end my friend ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Fiona said...

hee hee Tracey... fabby card and Alice looks fab...who is she??

Fi
x

Claire said...

Gorgeous card, I love all that punchwork - is that an actual card base of a punch? Hugs, Claire x

catherine said...

This is super Tracey and now I can't stop singing the song-both versions!!
Love the outline die cut to the card too
x catherine

Rachel said...

Gorgeous card Tracey, I love all the details. Fancy mentioning that naughty song again!!

Hope you're having a lovely weekend. Wedgie xxx

coops said...

wow so beautiful tracey.gorgeous image and your design is stunning ;D

xx coops xx

mixamatoasties said...

It's fab...

I was going to write something rude related to the song there but I've changed my mind ;)

Susan x

Tracy said...

I think those little houses are a fun background and that decorative edged card base is soooo pretty. I think you fixed Alice up right nice! Hugs!

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

A gorgeous card Tracey! I really love the punched edging and the scene is fab :) Sarah xx

Faye said...

I love everything about this card. The edge of the card, the image, the colours, the houses, the song. (both versions!) have a great week. X

xxxtglxxx said...

And now you have planted the seed of that song again!! :D lol!

funnily enough, the guys at work used to sing that to me (the rude version) substituting my name (alison) for Alice.......... hmmmm, right :D lol

Love your card, so much to look at and such a fun image too! :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Mary J said...

What a very lovely scene, Tracey! The houses and papers perfect with that gal!

Natali said...

So gorgeous. Love this punch and amazing scene. Great job!!!
Hugs
Natali

Unknown said...

Hi Tracey - sorry it's taken me ages to come visit, can I blame that totally on the school hols, hope so!!

Have just been having a wander back through your blog looking at all the gorgeous creations and also singing the Alice song and Abba's scooter(!) song.

I'll be popping by a lot more frequently now She Who Must be Obeyed is back at school. I think I have to be very thankful that, on the whole, She has always wanted to go to nursery/school - I don't run very fast, too much wobble goes on!!!!!!!!!

Sarah

Pop's Cards said...

Hey sweetie, I just totally love this creation, fabulous sweetie, huggles Pops x x x