Saturday, 29 September 2012

Vintage (and I don't mean me!)

Good morning everyone! I can't believe it's been so long since I was able to post anything.  We've had a pretty dodgy internet connection again this week but I've also been really busy at work, with lots of stuff going on after school.  We're on holiday in a couple of weeks and hopefully then I can catch my breath and get back on track.  I've also been busy doing something crafty which I can't show you yet, but I'll be back with news of this tomorrow!

Anyhoo, it's Saturday and that means it's time for a new challenge at Sweet Stampin'! This week we want to see your interpretation of Vintage style in your creations.  Now, I'll admit, I wasn't sure whether I was confusing vintage with shabby chic (can anyone tell me the difference?) but this is what I made:



I was lucky enough to win over at Totally Tilda a couple of weeks ago and the prize was a £10 voucher from Bunny Zoe's.  The lovely Nikki has such a beautiful range of goodies and I was spoilt for choice, but I decided to get myself a couple of Bildmalarna stamps to try.  I stamped this little cutie onto watercolour card and painted her using my Distress Markers and some water.  There is a little bit of Glamour Dust on her wings, to give her a wee bit of sparkle

The pretty papers are from a Maya Designs pad and I've distressed all of the edges with the Timmy Thingy and some Walnut Stain ink.  I wish I could remember where I got the chipboard flourishes, particularly as it wasn't that long ago that I bought them! The heart was cut with a Magnolia Doohickey and edged with Walnut Stain and I added some lush ribbon from the Ribbon Girl and flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.

I do hope you can join us at Sweet Stampin' this week - hop over here to take a look at the fabulous designs my teamies have made!

Have a lovely day!

Hugs

Tracey xx

12 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Tracey,fab image and details.xxx

Chrissy said...

Lovely to see you back Tracey, with such a gorgeous card, fab image and colouring, beautiful papers too..

luv CHRISSYxx

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Tracey, love the pretty soft colours and congrats on your win too :) xxx

Claire said...

Really pretty card, love the vintage papers - the colours are gorgeous. Hugs, Claire x

Vicky said...

Stunning Tracey...and loving the pretty layout too hun :o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Faye said...

Beautiful and I do mean you! What a GORGEOUS card. X

coops said...

so gorgeous tracey.beautiful soft colours and i love the sweet image :D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

This is sooooo adorable Tracey ! Your papers and embellies are gorgeous and this image is so so sweet ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Jenny said...

Gorgeous Tracey. Love it! x

Rachel said...

This is such a pretty card Tracey, I love everything about it! Hope you've had a good weekend. Wedgie xxx

mixamatoasties said...

Gorgeous card Tracey. Loving the look of your colouring with distress markers but I daren't buy another colouring medium ;)

Susan xx

Tracy said...

That image is so sweet Tracey. :-) I know what you mean about the vintage vs. shabby chic issue. LOL I think the papers you've used have a beautiful vintage feel to them so you succeeded in my eyes. :-) Hugs!