Saturday, 16 February 2013

Stars and Stripes

Hello!  Firstly, I must give my apologies for not being around as much as I would have liked over the past few weeks.  It's mostly due to work and I have another weekend of marking ahead as my senior pupils have just finished their prelims. I have a number of cards on the go, but not quite finished, so please bear with me - hopefully things will get easier as we head towards Easter!

Anyhoo, there's a new challenge starting today at Sweet Stampin'.  In honour of our gorgeous Sweetie, the lovely Abi, we've chosen Stars and Stripes as our theme.  Our girl has gone of to the U S of A for a fabulous holiday (not really jealous) and we know that she is just going to have the BEST time!

Our sponsor this week is the Stamp Fairy, who gave each of the Sweeties an image to play with.  Here's what I did with mine:



I cut up my image of Barry with his firework after colouring it with Copics.  I punched some stars rather than cut out the tiny ones on the digi and also cut some bunting from the DP, which is all Magnolia. There's plenty of room for me to add a sentiment later - I think this is destined to go to a wee boy we know.

I hope you can pop over to Sweet Stampin' to check out the fabby creations my lovely teamies have made to inspire you.  So let's see what you do with those stars and stripes (but don't forget to STAMP)!

Have a great Saturday!

Tracey xx

11 comments:

Sarah-Jane said...

Great card. Love the papers and bunting.
Sarah-Jane xx

mixamatoasties said...

Love this Tracey! Fab colours.

Don't work yourself too hard ;)

Susan xx

catherine said...

This is just fantastic Tracey. love the bunting and the rocket. Hope you find some time in betweeen all the marking although I suspect it's a busy time of year for you
x catherine

Vicky said...

Gorgeous as always hun...and loving the bunting too...:o)

hope you are having a lovely weekend...biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Jacqui P said...

Hi Tracey! Wow love this card! really great details! Don't envy you this time of year with all your marking!! we are all stressed here, Logan has to choose his highers and is trying to get all of his folio work in order!! and I am already have exam anxiety dreams, and he doesn't start his standards til June!!!!! Aaaarrrggghhhhh!!!! (head just exploded!! lol!!)
Huggles
Jacqui xx

Claire said...

Great card, love the colours and the cute bear. Hugs, Claire x

Doreen said...

absolutely gorgoeus - fabby card Tracey.
big hugs
Doreen xx

Rachel said...

Fab card Tracey, makes me smile!

Sounds like you're up to your eye balls at the moment, hope you get some time to relax too!

Wedgie xxx

Bridie said...

Fabulous card, really bright and cheery, I love the bear too.

Annette22 said...

such a wonderful card, love your colorkombo

Annette

Gail said...

Love this card. Love the flags in the corner and the firecracker. GREAT coloring on this image. Wonderful card. Hugs, Gail