Sunday, 8 December 2013

Winter Wonderland

Hello! I'm running late today; we had a powercut earlier, so all of the usual Sunday morning jobs, like the ironing, had to wait until the power came back on :0(     I can't complain too much, though, as my friend just a couple of miles up the road had been without power for 50 hours!  I don't know how they managed, but they did - I think I'd have been leaving the country if it were me.

Anyway, I'm here to tell you about our last challenge for 2013 over at Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia.  We've chosen the theme of Winter Wonderland, so anything Christmassy or wintry will do, although you must use either a hAnglar & StAnglar or Magnolia stamp.

I made another flat card for posting:

 
 

I layered up Maja Design papers and kept the whole thing really clean so that I could concentrate on the colouring.  I masked the two Tildas with the church stamp from last year's Magnolia Christmas collection.  Colouring has been done with Copics.  I added die cut corners from La La Land and a Magnolia picket fence die cut, which I edged with Weathered Wood DI and sprinkled with Diamond Dust.  In fact, there's plenty of sparkle on my card - I went a bit loopy with the Glamour Dust and Stickles as well, although it doesn't perhaps show up too well in the photo!

We are sponsored by

Logo

If the words vintage and shabby chic makes your heart beat faster, you will find your haven at Live & Love Crafts!
Live & Love Crafts is a UK based online store that ships WORLDWIDE. The store is owned and operated by Sandra Mathis, a crafter who is as passionate about the vintage style as she is about customer service and providing a good shopping experience. Live & Love Crafts prides itself on having a website that is easy to navigate with excellent product images. Orders are dispatched fast; usually on the same day received.
Live & Love Crafts stocks a wide range of products from well-loved vintage brands such as Maja Design, Pion Design, Magnolia, Wild Orchid Crafts, Kort & Godt, Prima, Melissa Frances, Maya Road, and the Tim Holtz/Ranger product lines.
The store has a vast selection of laces, ribbons and trims, an assortment of over 200 charms and metal decorations, as well as many other unique embellishments that you can't find elsewhere. To help you save on costs, the charms/metal decos can be purchased singularly and all trims and ribbons are sold by the yard/meter. If you’re looking for products that will inspire and a one stop paper & embellishment shop, look no further than Live & Love Crafts!

 
with this fab prize

http://www.liveandlovecrafts.com/1-home
 
Do check out the gorgeous DT inspiration here - my teamies at LhoSM are a very talented lot!
 
Will keep this short and sweet as the lights keep flickering - in fact, I think I'll suggest to the Boy Wonder that we have dinner early in case the power goes again.
 
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and stay cosy!
 
 
Challenges I'd like to enter:
 
Midweek Magnolias - I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas
Tilda's Town #82 - Winter Wonderland
 
Tracey xx

9 comments:

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

What a cute little scene Tracey. I love the limited colours too. Very nice xx

Marilyn said...

This is adorable Tracey! It's a little mini masterpiece, such a cute little scene and so well designed.

Anonymous said...

This is so so sweet Tracey ! Love the winter scene and the little fences !!! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Chris said...

Another beautiful card! Love the little scene and the clever design which accentuates the cute little images. Fab colouring!
Chris
X

coops said...

so stunning tracey.i love your fun winter scene and fab sweet tildas :D

xx coops xx

Riet Kamstra said...

Adorable winterscene, just love it. Beautiful coloring. Thanks for joining us @ Tilda's Town this week.
Riet xx

Doreen said...

fantastic card - the colours are amazing - WOW
Hugs
Doreen xx

Cathy Lee said...

Adorable card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Midweek Magnolias.
Hugz,
Cath

Teresa said...

What a beautiful creation, you should feel proud of it, it's so pretty.
Thank you for joining us at Midweek Magnolias for our White Christmas Challenge.
DT Teresa x