Saturday, 10 May 2014

Hats, heels and handbags

Happy Saturday!  The mini-inspection of our school is now over and I can hopefully now start to catch up with everyone again.  We're expecting the big inspection later this year (we are well overdue), so it's only a temporary respite, but I think I can allow myself a weekend off!

Anyway, I'm here to tell you about our new challenge at Sweet Stampin'. This week we'd love to see your stamped take on the theme of Hats, Heels and Handbags.

I opted for good old Lili of the Valley...



I stamped this little cutie onto watercolour paper and coloured her with DIs in a very limited palette of Weathered Wood, Pumice Stone and Stormy Sky.  I used some Liquid Pearls for her beads and for the stamens in the flower on her hat.

My papers are by Maja Designs and I cut a pierced circle using my new Lil' Inkers die to match the image mat.  The doily is from my stash, as is the organza roses ribbon, to which I added some 10mm roses from WOC.

I hope you can join us at Sweet Stampin' this week.  As ever, we have fabby prizes on offer (this week's sponsor is Crafty Ribbons), but do remember that you need to have stamping on your entry.

Have a great day!

Tracey xx

10 comments:

Claire said...

A beautiful card hun - love the image and the pretty soft blue papers. Hugs, Claire x

Doreen said...

Just gorgeous,fab design and great image.xxx

Anonymous said...

Totally adorable Tracey ! Love the soft colours and the flowers, they look fab ! Have a lovely week-end Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Lori Turner said...

OMGOSH Tracey!! She's adorable lol...I remember my daughter dressing up with my shoes etc. - brings back memories! Have a wonderful week xoxoxo

catherine said...

fabulous card Tracey and fits the challenge theme so well. You will be glad of the rest for a while after the inspection I would think!
x catherine

catherine said...

fabulous card Tracey and fits the challenge theme so well. You will be glad of the rest for a while after the inspection I would think!
x catherine

Kelly Lloyd said...

This is beautiful. I love the colours and pretty papers
Hugs Kelly

Vicky said...

Gorgeous as always hun...and have a lovely weekend too...:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

coops said...

so gorgeous tracey.beautiful pretty papers and trim and i love the sweet image :D

xx coops xx

Anet's Crafting said...

Your card is beautiful Tracey, I love this LOTV image the little girl is so cute. Pretty papers and roses.