Wednesday, 10 December 2014

Winter Sports

We've been on storm-force gale alert here today and thankfully it hasn't been nearly as bad as we had anticipated.  However, it is absolutely FREEZING - I've got the oven on in the kitchen, the heating is on and there's a coal fire on the go in the sitting room and I'm still cold! 

It's our last challenge of 2014 at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' and the theme is Winter Sports - if the forecast snow arrives here at the end of the week it will be a winter sport trying to get up the hill to get into school! 

For my DT card I used a Tiddly Inks image - I really like colouring these images and this time I went for blue and white to give a frosty feel.


I used a Memory Box dies for the background and layered these onto some Magnolia paper.  Wryn's clothes have had a sprinkle/bucketful of Glamour Dust; the frozen pond was created using the same Glamour Dust on top of a layer of Glossy Accents.  And yes, it is a very small pond... ;0)

We're sponsored by Iva Nova Chest and the lovely Natali always puts together a lovely prize.  Do check out what my teamies have made here!

Stay safe and cosy!

Tracey xx

10 comments:

Vicky said...

A totally gorgeous card sweetie LOVE the scene, the image......love it all!!!!!!!!! Glad the weather hasnt been as bad as expected hun, stay safe.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx
Psst. will send you my addy so you know where post this card to shug ;0)

Anonymous said...

Your card is awesome Tracey ! I so love the 3D effect and the background... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

coops said...

so stunning tracey.i love your blues and winter scene and the wryn image is gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What an absolutely adorable card!

An Occasional Genius said...

Brrrr! We're going up to 13 degrees Wednesday so best get Wryn off that pond before it's a puddle lol! It's beautiful Tracey xx

Gail said...

Tracey, this is so darn cute, but then all your cards are always outstanding. I love the image you used and how you've colored this pretty ice skater. And the pond of glitter is perfect! Merry Christmas, my friend! Hugs, Gail

Gail said...

Tracey, this is so darn cute, but then all your cards are always outstanding. I love the image you used and how you've colored this pretty ice skater. And the pond of glitter is perfect! Merry Christmas, my friend! Hugs, Gail

Rebecca Hoy said...

Love the colours and the ice!!! Can't wait till Christmas- no HMI for us either! Rebecca x

Pia Larsen said...

You are so good at colouring your images, Tracey. I envy you your skill. And it reminds me that I should practice more often with my Promarker pens. Such a lovely card!

Magda said...

O Tracy, what a nice wonderful creation!!!!