Saturday, 11 April 2015

For a Child

It's Saturday (yay!) so it must be time for a new challenge at Sweet Stampin'.  This week our theme is For a Child - here's what I made:





I don't get so many opportunities to make cards for very young children now that the BW is in his teens, so it was good to have an excuse to break out this little hAnglar lad and do some Copic colouring.  The bold blue and yellow papers are from a Doodlebug pad and the enamel dots are from a co-ordinating set.  I also added some Glossy Accents to the handlebars of the bike. 

I felt that the card still needed something and then remembered that I had some hideous pink Thickers in my stash - given the colour, unsurprisingly I'd never used them (don't ask me why I bought them...).  Anyway, I took one of the Thickers, coloured it with a blue Copic pen and then covered it with Glossy Accents.  I found some ultra-fine glitter which came free with a magazine and poured this over the top.  I had to do a bit of poking about as the Glossy Accents started to set to keep the glittery goo from setting in the space in the middle of the number, but it was worth it to get a perfectly matched embellie.

Pop over to Sweet Stampin' to check out the fabulous projects the Sweeties have made.  You'll find all the challenge details there too.  We're being sponsored by All Dressed Up who are giving away 2 of their gorgeous digis to our prize draw winner, so why not play along with us this week?

Hugs

Tracey xx

11 comments:

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

He's so cute Tracey, I think I love everything with the card, it's so well coordinated and clean in design.

Enjoy your weekend sweetie.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Anonymous said...

This is so adorable Tracey ! Love the image and the colours you have chosen... Have a lovely week-end Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Marilyn said...

Really cute card Tracey! Sweet image and I like how you've personalized it with the birthday number.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gorgeous kids card Tracey. I love the bright zingy colours. Delish!! Hugs, Wends x

Debs said...

Totally fabulous card Tracey - love the image and gorgeous colours.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Debs xx

Chris said...

Bold, bright colours, lovely clean design and beautifully coloured image...this card definitely has 'kid' appeal! Great work altering the chipboard number too, never would have guessed it started out pink!
Chris
x

Thordis said...

Your card is amazing! So super cute, and your coloring is beautiful... Great layout! Enjoy the rest of the weekend :)
Hugs xx

Cass said...

Gorgeous card Tracey.Love the bright colours.Fab colouring! xx

coops said...

so stunning tracey.gorgeous image and design and i love your bright colour combo ;D

xx coops xx

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Perfect! Cute image... great color scheme... wonderful design. Did I mention, Perfect!?!?!?

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

So simple and so cute. Very nice x