Saturday, 24 October 2015

Too cute to spook!

There's a new challenge starting today at Sweet Stampin' with the appropriately timed theme of Halloween.  If you're anything like me, you might really enjoy making Halloween cards even though it's something you don't take part in.

I've used this little CC Designs cutie before, but she's lovely to colour and I was inspired by last week's Sweet Stampin' challenge which was to use your "antique" stamps!

 
 

I used a selection of Distress Inks to create the night sky background behind the Memory Box stencil.  The stamped image was coloured with Copics and fussy cut before being adhered to the card with foam pads.

I hope you can play along with us this week.  We're being sponsored by the brilliant Stix 2 who have a "sticky" prize ready and waiting for our randomly chosen winner.  The Sweeties have been busy creating some wonderfully witchy works of art, so why not hop over here to take a peek?

Have a fabulous weekend!

Hugs

Tracey xx

7 comments:

Chris said...

Gorgeous card! Love the stamp...definitely deserved an outing! The contrast between your brightly coloured image and the lovely stenciled background is so striking.
Have a good weekend.
Chris
x

Tracy said...

Look at that awesome stenciling! Great background Tracey and your coloring is spot on. Hugs!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Super use of the stencil, Tracey, the image is adorable. Great colouring too! Have a wonderful weekend, sweetie.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh my goodness Tracey, I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this sweet card. That little witch is super cute! Love the forest trees and that sweet cute little owl. Utterly love it hun. Hugs, Wends x

Anonymous said...

Awww... This is so cute Tracey ! The image is adorable and the background is fantastic ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Marilyn said...

Super cute card Tracey and I like the sweet little scene among the birch trees you have created. Sweet image and I love how the little owl is perched on her hat.

An Occasional Genius said...

Hmm, I don't do Halloween cards at all. But I do love your little witchy and that beautiful inky background xx