I can't believe that we're already in August, although given the weather you could be forgiven for thinking that it's actually October. Only a week left of the summer holidays here and just a couple of weeks before the Boy Wonder heads off to start his studies in Glasgow. Where does the time go?
The end of the holidays also brings the realisation that Christmas isn't too far away (seriously) and that the Christmas card pile is in need of some attention if I'm going to avoid giving my money to Mr John Lewis again! Fortunately over at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' we can help by giving you a little nudge in the crafting direction by way of our monthly challenge.
For my DT card this month I opted to focus on die cutting rather than stamping:
I took my inspiration from a Jennifer McGuire tutorial on Youtube (here's the link) on using layered die cuts, including this Simon Says Stamp Corbel Wreath die. I can
So what did I learn from this?
1. I'm not Jennifer McGuire.
2. Although Jennifer gives helpful hints and tips, you need lots of patience to glue down all those little pieces and stack those little suckers on top of each other (and make sure they stay stuck).
3. Stray pieces stick not only to your socks but to those of other family members. Those family members may not be inclined to put said pieces in the bin, but may, for reasons best known to themselves, decide to deposit them on the arm of the sofa/windowsill/top of the boiler or in a plant pot on the patio (oh, yes, 'tis true). This will frequently result in exclamations such as "How on earth did that get there?"*
[*Language may have been modified for the sake of decency]
Having said all that, I found the process strangely addictive and made a few more cards using this technique before accepting that the imposition of a regime of twice-daily sock inspections isn't a healthy way to go.
I hope you can play along with us this month. The theme is always Anything Goes and the Christmas stamps and dies are starting to appear in the online stores, but if you need a bit of inspiration you can check out the fabby designs created by the CaSSettes here.
Tracey xx

2 comments:
Beautiful card Tracey. I had a giggle at your 1-3 on the Jennifer McGuire tutorial. I've watched so many now and they really are so inspiring! But this one I have to confess I was a little reticent to try because of all the little bits, so yep, you're a braver girlie than I!!! Hope the little bits all made their way back to you, from the plant pot, and boiler! So funny. A brilliant post, really enjoyed reading it hun and so lovely to pop in for a catch up too. Big hugs, Wends xoxo
Lovely card Tracey! Judy x
Post a Comment