Hello there!
Nearly Christmas and I'm so excited at the thought of having the Boy Wonder home from Glasgow for a wee while. I've still got the best part of 2 weeks at work but I'm counting down the days to the holidays.
I thought I'd try something a bit different for my DT card for Christmas at Sweet Stampin' this month. I've been inspired by some of the designs I've seen online using coloured pencils on dark cardstock so I thought I'd give it a try.
The baubles are from a Magnolia stamp set that I've had for years. I stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with gold embossing powder before colouring in the images with my Prisma pencils. The sentiment is by Wplus9 and again I stamped and gold heat embossed, this time on vellum.
We'd love you to join in with us this month at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'. Our theme is always Anything Goes at Christmas so pretty much whatever your Christmas project, you can enter our challenge.
Really wintry weather has hit the UK recently but wherever you are and whatever you're doing, stay warm and safe.
Tracey xx
7 comments:
It's always good to try something new, this is a great result, a striking contemporary Christmas card.
Won't be long now until your son is home for Christmas...have a fantastic time!
Chris
x
Ooh fab idea and it worked really well! Lovely card :o) Hugs, Lisa x
Well you not only stepped out of your box, but you blew it wide open. Awesome look! Hugs!
Hi Tracey, I just went to my blog and found the lovely comment you left on my "Koala Christmas" card... thank you so much, it was very supportive of you, it means a lot
I have a history of depression and it is a bear at the best of times, losing my Mum has been hard as she was my number one support... but I am coming through it all now, as you do :-)
Anyway, I hope you have a ball with your son, I know how much you miss him when he is away from home - time to make hay :-)
Happy New Year... and see you in 2018!!!!!
Hugs, Donna xx
GORGEOUS AND SO ELEGANT!!!!!
Love how the ornaments literally shine with the black background, they look lovely embossed in gold.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs!
Hi Tracey
A wonderful finished card .. .. love the colour on the dark background and your vellum sentiment. Just beautiful!
I hope you had a lovely Christmas and enjoyed that special time with your Son.
All the best for 2018.
Love Jules xx
I LOVE the embossing on the against the black! Awesome card!
Hugs,
xxTraceyxx (Spelled the same too!!) lol
Post a Comment