Saturday, 27 February 2021

Shabby Chic

 Hello!  I'm back to let you know that a new fortnightly challenge is starting over at Sweet Stampin' today.  Our theme this time is Shabby Chic and it was the perfect kick up the posterior for me to dig out some of my older stamps which haven't been used in a while.



I used to make this style of card a lot a few years ago so I quite enjoyed revisiting some techniques I now rarely use.

I started with a hAnglar and StAnglar red rubber stamp and coloured the image with  Copics in mostly muted tones (RV and C numbers).  I still have some Maya Designs paper in my stash so I was able to pick out 2 complementary patterns to cover the card base and the image mat.  I used my Tim Holtz distress tool along the edges of the papers and then applied brown distress ink to give a grungy look.

Next I raided my ribbon storage, something else that has been gathering dust. I found some lace and some velvet ribbon which toned with the papers, so I attached these across the centre of the card bae.  I used some foam tape to pop up the image mat over the top and added a few tiny roses as embellishments.  Finally I added a die cut heart which I had "shabbied up" with crackle paint and distress stain.

The lovely CaSSettes have made some brilliant inspiration projects and you can see them, plus all the challenge details here.

I do hope you can play along with us this fortnight.

Have a lovely weekend xx

3 comments:

Chris said...

It's beautiful Tracey, fantastic colouring of the sweet image, lovely design, papers and colour choice.
xx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

This is a really pretty card Tracey. Love all the gorgeous details. Lovely x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh this is delish! So fun to revisit older techniques, not often used now. Beautiful creation hun, love your take on shabby chic, stunning! Super cute image and colours and perfect distressed finishes. SO lovely hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo