Thursday, 2 December 2010

(Don't) Let It Snow!

I've probably picked the wrong subject for today's card as I expect most of you are fed up with the snow by now!  This winter scene even began to lose its appeal for me when I heard the weather forecast at teatime, as it would seem that SW Scotland may not avoid the snow after all!  Apparently it's due overnight and tomorrow  - I do hope they're wrong!


I really enjoyed making this card!  I don't use my Edwin stamps nearly enough so he was lovely to colour with my Copics.  I masked him and stamped the Magnolia winter scene over the top, then cut it out by hand.  I added a good  dose of Glamour Dust over Edwin's wings and the snowy bits to complete the image.

The background paper is by Memory Box and is probably my favourite from this winter paper pack.  The soft blues combine perfectly with the blues in the Tilda Frosted Bluegreen paper pack (got mine from Cuddly Buddly), so I cut out a square of blue and white paper and went around it with a Martha Stewart PATP.  Between the image and the fancy square I added a strip of ribbon - I've had this for ages and it was in a set but I can't remember exactly who made it - could it be KI Memories?  Anyway, the colours were just what I was looking for and I had enough to make the bow at the side of the card.  Finally I punch out a Magnolia circle Christmas sentiment and tucked it in between the frilly square and the background paper.

I'm going to enter this card in the following challenges:

Totally Gorjuss - Tree (front left of card!)
Cupcake Challenge - Light It Up

Hope to be back over the weekend with a card or two, depending on how much school work I bring home.

Take care, keep warm and stay safe on those roads,

Tracey T x

8 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Tracey

Well we might be fed up with the snow but I don't think we will ever be fed up with your lovely creations .. .. snow related or not.

I love the little scene you have set here and your backing paper and ribbon are gorgeous too.

A great card.

If you get the snow then stay safe in it.

Love Jules xx

Kat said...

This is lovely. I love how you've used the scene behind Edwin. What a cutie. Thanks for joining us at TG this week..

Kat x

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Tracey. Love the scene you've created. Hope your not inundated with snow or work!!
Clairexx

Mary J said...

Hello Tracey! What a great scenery card - it's gorgeous! Lovin' your style!

Thx for joining us at Totally Gorjuss!

Mary J xxx

Pop's Cards said...

Gorgeous sweetie, love your colours and a fab image too, big hugs love Pops x x x

Deb Mitchell said...

Hi Tracey, WOW, what a totally awesome card, I love your style & this card is just amazing!!!

Hugz

Deb

Cindy said...

What a sweet card and that ribbon with that paper rocks. Great job. Thanks for sharing at the MSL challenge. C2

Faye said...

Oh Tracey, I love this wonderful card, thanks so much for sharing it with us at Cupcake. x