Saturday, 22 January 2011

Clear as Mud!

There's a new challenge today at Sweet Stampin'!  It's "Clear as Mud" - we'd like to see projects made using brown + 1 other colour!  The fabby DT has come up with some real corkers to get you thinking - hop on over here to take a look.  As always, there are prizes up for grabs - this time a £10 voucher from Bunny Zoe's Crafts and also digi stamps from our monthly sponsor, Whimsy Stamps.

Here's my attempt at a brown + 1 card.  I went for Pink Petticoat papers and one of my new Lili of the Valley stamps, which I coloured with Copics.  I edged the papers with Stickles and added some bling which I got in a sale, but can't remember where (poor old soul!).  I added a strip of American Crafts ribbon and flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts plus my image got a good shake of Glamour Dust over her wings and antennae.


Unfortunately I really struggled to get a good photo and the Stickles look very blobby.  I'll be so glad when the weather improves so that we get some decent light!

So many of my cyber-world friends seem to have had a pretty rubbish time this week.  Me, too, actually.  However, onwards and upwards, a new week is on the way and hopefully it will bring better times to all of us.

Lotsa luv and a great big hug,

Tracey xx

11 comments:

Fiona said...

gorgeous card..love the subtle colours and of course the stamp is just so adorable!!

Fi
x

Lindsey said...

Beautiful card Tracey, I love the image and the sparkles look great,

Linds x

Claire said...

This is just gorgeous Tracey, I love it all! Hopefully we can have a better week starting from now. Big hugs, Claire x

Vicky said...

Hi hunni I'm trying catch up with some commenting I ended up really ill so I've only done half my commenting so I finally turned my comp on about an hour ago cus I was missing everyone's cards lol. This is totally gorgeous hun I so love the image she is fabulous. I also want to say sorry I really thought I had clicked your follow button but it seems I hadnt. So I am so so sorry hun I certainly didnt mean not to follow you but I have now hun. Take care

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Jo said...

This is totally yummy and I love the shimmer and bling! :)
Such a cute image too awwwww!
Hope you have a better week this week

Jo xx

An Occasional Genius said...

I really, really love this card Tracey, it's just stunning. I hope you too have a better week this week my lovely, take care xx

Unknown said...

I absolutley love this card..fabby image and great colours xx

Elise said...

Hi Tracey! OH wow! I love your brown/white combo! This is gorgeous hun! And all those stickles don't look blobby at all! It's fabulous!!! :)
ps .. I hope your week starts turning for the better!

Hugs,
Elise

Pop's Cards said...

Gorgeous creation sweetie, fab image in a gorgeous colour scheme, big hugs love Pops x x x

CraftyC said...

Hi Tracey. Tried several times but cant get the piccies to load on your blog. I'm sure your card is lovely. Sending you cyber hugs and hope thinks pick up. Cant wait for a new week to start either.
Clairexx

Jules said...

Hi Tracey

Sorry I haven't been around - slowly catching up with myself.

Loving your card. Such a sweet card and the colours are gorgeous.

Love Jules xx