First day back at school after the Christmas holidays and it was lovely! It was good to catch up with my friends and to find out what the kids had been up to during the break.
Today I've got a white, glittery card to show you. I love the idea of an all-white card and I've seen some real beauties, but in reality I found it quite difficult to do.
I decided on a shaped card because I didn't want the finished thing to look too plain. I added some white embossed border strips from Craftwork Cards and put Diamond Stickles all along the edges. The image is from Whiff of Joy and didn't need much colouring, just some skin/hair tones, a little very pale grey for shading on her top and the palest possible green on the flower stems. I cut her out with a Nestie die before giving her a good dose of Glamour Dust. I used another Nestie to cut a slightly larger shape which I then embossed and edged with Stickles. The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and look a bit dark in the photo - they are actually ivory, so not quite white, but almost!
I'm going to enter this into the following challenges:-
Cupcake Challenge ... White is White
Bunny Zoe's .............. Sparkle and Shine
Stamp Something ...... Glitter
Time to throw something on the table for tea - thank's so much for stopping by!
Hugs
Tracey x
7 comments:
WOW Tracey, this is gorgeous - love the image and the sparkle shows it off beautifully. Hugs, Claire x
Hi Tracey
What a wonderful card.
Brilliant shape .. .. I have never tried one of those!!
Beautiful sparkly image and the flowers are a great finishing touch.
Love Jules xx
Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week Tracey ! Your card is so lovely : love the sweet image and the sparkle ! Good luck ! Smiles from Catherine
A really angelic card, with wonderful sparkle! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake this week! Shelly x
No matter how difficult you found it hon, it's absolutely worth every single second, I love it! xx
Hi Tracey! Oh! this is GORGEOUS! I love the all whiteness of your card!! Yes, I've been seeing alot of those "all white" cards, and I can imagine they'd be most difficult to do .. but you've done a FAB-U-LOUS job with this!!! I love it!
Big Hugs,
Elise
What a gorgeous card. I love the image and hint of sparkle on the edges. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x
Post a Comment