Monday, 21 March 2011

Back in my comfort zone!

Girlie cards are really my thing.  I do love making them and this one was no exception. I followed the sketch for this week's challenge at Lili of the Valley and chose an older stamp for my image.




I used Promarkers for my colouring this time and added some Stickles to the flowers and wrapping for the bouquet.  I cut the image out using a Nellie's die and added gems from Wild Orchid Crafts around the edge.  The papers are from Magnolia and all of the card is Bazzill.

I used another of the Lili of the Valley circle stamps in the right hand corner - I do like these, they are so handy.  The sheer ribbon and flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the heart pin is from Quixotic Paperie.  Finally I stuck on a couple of Doodlebug gems in opposite corners.

I managed to get the hAnglar Easter set yesterday on Ebay - how lucky was that!  They look so cute with little bunny ears - I can hardly wait for them to arrive!

I'm going to have to get a grip now and stop spending money on stash for a while, although I'd love some of the Lili of the Valley clear stamps when they come out.  Plus I can't resist Magnolia stamps ... or hAnglars ... or nice papers... there's no hope for me is there?!

Hope to be back later this week with a hAnglar to show you!

Hugs

Tracey xxx

3 comments:

CraftyC said...

HIya Tracey, someone sounds happy and I bet you don't sit on your hands for too long = hehe. Love your pretty card and she does look beautiful. Enjoy the new stamps, thats one brand I don't own yet and thanks for joining us this week over at the LOTV Challenge blog!
Clairexx

Elise said...

Hi Tracey! Oh my goodness! This is just STUNNING my dear! I love the soft colors and this image is ADORABLE! I love all the pretty pearls around your nestie as well! Gorgeous!

LOL about there being "no hope" for you .. concerning craft supplies! Well, there's no hope for me either in the same area! Who can stop?! It's never enough for all of us! LOL!

big Hugs!
Elise

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie love your gorgeous card I love the magnolia paper its so pretty I rarely use mine cus I hate cutting it lol I love your LOTV image she is lush. I went over both times but they had sold out so instead I went & spent £40 at LOTV on stamps I can use all year round lol also I feel guilty cus I have so many un-inked hanglars....I'm actually starting to feel ashamed lol. So from today I'm gonna be strong & buy no more stamps until I've inked up all the ones I have.......well thats the plan...what do ya think....I'm thinking I will fail big time lol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx