Monday, 7 March 2011

A Simple Tilda Card

Nothing too fussy today, just a fairly straightforward Tilda card.  I had started to make this for last week's Just Magnolia challenge and then couldn't get the card finished in time.  Never mind, this week's challenge is Anything Goes so I can still use it!


I think this is such a cute Tilda and she's lovely to colour - I used peachy pink Copics and Diamond Stickles on her dress and bows.  The image has been lightly edged with Antique Linen distress ink and put on a circle of Bazzill which I then stuck to a doily from Joanna Sheen.



  I used the last of the peachy lace (still can't remember where I got this!) to wrap round two layers of double-sided October Afternoon paper. The sentiment is from Lili of the Valley.

I made the flowers from Prima petals which I layered up; I sewed a button in the centre and sprayed the whole thing with Glimmer Mist.

I'm entering this card in the Just Magnolia Challenge (Anything Goes + optional glitter) and the Magnolia Stamp Lovers Challenge (Buttons and Bling). 

Before I go, could I ask you to hop over and see my friend Elise.  She's a lovely lady who makes the most delicious cards and she's battling the Big C.  She has a four year old son and it's so unfair that she has to go through this when she should be enjoying being a mum.  Elise has had chemo and is going into hospital for surgery on Wednesday 9th March.  If you get a spare minute, could you hop over to her blog, Paper Love Affair and send her a cyber hug.  I know she'll appreciate it.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs

Tracey xxx

10 comments:

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Hi Hun,
your new card is so cute. i love the color of her hair and the beautiful papers you choosed.

loving a "no frill" card!
love
Claudia

Mina said...

wow Tracey how cute is she in this colour combo, love the touch of glitter on her dress...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia & hAnglar challenge
Mina xxx

Elise said...

Awwww Tracey! You are just the sweetest thing! :) Thank you so much for giving me so much support and love! I appreciate it!! Wish I could reach through this screen and HUG you!

Well, your card is so delicious! I love the soft pretty colors and I LOVE that glitter you added to Tilda!!! BEAUTIFUL work dear!!

Thank you so much again! You just put a huge smile on my face!

Love,
Elise

Michele Roos said...

Such a gorgeous card Tracey. Love the image and the papers. Hugs Michele x

Karen said...

Great card! THanks for joining us at Magnolia Stamp Lovers! : )

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie your card is beautiful I love your Tilda she looks fabulous especially her dress.
I will pop over to your friends blog now shug she will be happy to have you as a friend hun you really are fabulous. I'm so lucky to have you as my blogging friend, take care shug.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

An Occasional Genius said...

She's so pretty in pink & I love her subtle glitter, another wonderful card hon.

Went to Elise's blog to send good wishes, you are a good friend making sure she has lots of love & support to keep her going.

Hugs xx

Pop's Cards said...

Stunning work sweetie, big hugs Pops x x x

Faye said...

Pretty, understatated elegance, it's gorgeous, so soft and feminine. Ace colouring too. xxx

Jules said...

Sorry Tracey

I am very behind in catching up with everyone.

Great card. Love your cute image and that gorgeous backing paper.

Just the right amount of sparkle and fantastic colouring/shading.

Love Jules xx