Friday, 5 August 2011

Round and Round in Circles

While the title could quite easily apply to a typical day for me, it's actually a reference to my card for today. I like making round cards every now and again as it makes a nice change from my usual 6"x6".

I inked up this Tilda and masked her with a post it so that I could stamp the window scene behind her.  This combination of stamps fits quite well into a medium sized Go Kreate circle (to be honest, more by luck than by judgement).

The image has been coloured with Copics and mounted onto a circle cut from my last piece of this pretty paper (might be Melissa Frances?).  The doilies are Tesco's finest reduced to 50p for a mixed pack - again, I don't know whether I'll be able to get any more but these were a great size for cards.  I struck lucky with the flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts as they match the DP so well.

Here's a look at the inside


I'm going to enter my card into these challenges:

The Official Magnolia Inspiration Challenge (TOMIC) - Make a Round Card
Just Magnolia and hAnglar & sTanglar - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes

I went into school yesterday to see how my classes had done in their exams.  The results were just fantastic and I'm so proud of my kids - they all worked really hard and got brilliant marks (more than half of them got a Credit 1 at Standard Grade and the majority of rest got a Credit 2 - not bad for a mixed ability class!).  I've got the Higher class for the coming year so the challenge is to get an equally good set of results next August!

By the way, if any of you have seen the summer recently, can you tell it to turn round and make its way back up to SW Scotland!

Have a lovely evening

Tracey xx

9 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous, great colours too, thanks for joining us at JM/HS this week big hugs Pops x x x

Chrissy said...

Tracey this is beautiful...OMG... I love the circle and the colours are so pretty.The flowers look perfect, really lovely.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Debbie said...

Hiya Tracey,
Sorry the sun has deserted you up in Bonny Scotland. Where abouts are you? I only ask because my friend and I go shopping every November to Glasgow (our favorite place EVER to shop, we love it!)
Your card is delightful with a gorgeous (Not seen by me!) Tilda and a gorgeous circle she is stamped on, love the super window detail and your colouring is beautiful. Debbiexx

Fiona said...

wow Tracey...pretty card!! love those little flowers and how you have coloured tildas to match...I am scared of shaped cards...I do 6 x 6!!

fi
x

coops said...

this is beautiful tracey.i love the shape and fresh colours and gorgeous image and details ;D

xx coops xx

Claire said...

WOW this is stunning hun - lovely sweet image, great background and such pretty colours. Hugs, Claire x

Jill said...

aww this is gorgeous love the dollie and the image so cute thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Chris said...

Fantastic card Tracey and such beautiful colouring and details, love your colours too. Thanks for joining us at TOMIC this week, hugs, Chris and the TOMIC team.

Anne H. said...

I love your shaped card!
An adorable image and beautiful colors.
Thanks for joining us this week at JM/HS.
Anne