Wednesday, 9 November 2011

A Christmas Maggie

Time to show off another of my new Magnolia stamps.  I thought I'd shown quite a bit of restraint initially as I limited myself to just buying a couple of the new collection.  Then I cracked and bought a couple more.  And then today I had an email to say that some of the new stamps are on offer at the Glitter Pot.  Well, I had to go and have a look, didn't I (it would be rude not to) ... and a couple more just fell into my shopping cart.  So it must have been meant to be.

Anyway, I had fun making this. 


I coloured Tilda with Copics as usual and did her hearts, string, ribbons and trim on her dress with Glamour Dust. I put a bit of Antique Linen around the edge of the Nestie die cut and popped the lot on top of a Cheery Lynn Doily die cut (these are fab and cut beautifully). Before I stuck the doily etc to the card I stamped the Magnolia holly swirl in brown ink, then went over this with a clear glue pen before adding some more Glamour Dust.

I put a row of heavy cotton lace across a piece of MME Christmas paper and before fixing the image/doily combo to the page with some sticky fixers I lined up my stamped holly swirl.

The gardenia is from Wild Orchid crafts and this is sitting on a Sizzix holly leaf die cut.  I sprayed the dark red gardenia with some gold Glimmer Mist and coloured some white WOC pearls with a dark red Copic pen to look like holly berries. I put a gold double ended stamen from WOC under the flower to finish it off and add a bit more bling.


And last of all, a little peak inside.  It's quite plain, just contrasting MME paper and more lace plus a K&Co rub on greeting on the jotting spot.



I struggled a bit with the lack of light when taking the photos - don't know about you but it's been dark here all day.  Does anyone use one of those light tent thingys? Are they any good?

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:

Just Magnolia - Anything Goes plus optional lace and pearls
Magnolia Stamp Lovers - Christmas

Hugs

Tracey

8 comments:

coops said...

so gorgeous tracey.the tilda is so sweet and i love your fabulous colours and details ;D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful card Tracey ! What a sweet Tilda and the doily and flowers are simply stunning ! Hugs and love from Catherine

Claire said...

Gorgeous card Tracey - love the image and that poinsettia is just stunning. Hugs, Claire x

Home sweet home said...

Beautiful card and Tilda is so cute.
Love the flower and the colours.
Have a nice day.:)

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous card Tracey! Love the sweet image and your pretty details - fab doily and flower :o)

My MIL has bought me a light box for Christmas, but I've got to wait a while before I can try it out... so I don't know if it's any good yet! Thanks for the Grand Calibur advice, think I'll probably end up getting one. Lisa x

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous Tilda Tracey...love the colours and the tilt of her head is so cute...
Thanks for your comment on my yard...the coldest we get in winter...6 degrees C..which is what??...45o F...the hottest out in that tiny yard will reach 35 C to 40 C...100F to 110F..if there is a breeze, then we are ok...and usually there is...just the change in the way the sun goes makes all the differnce...

Luv CHRISSYxx

An Occasional Genius said...

Oh my, so beautiful hon! I love the inside too. Aren't those Christmas papers absolutely delicious, they jumped into my basket not too long ago!! xx

An Occasional Genius said...

meant to say I don't have a light tent thingy (technical term?) but I do have a daylight bulb overhead. That makes a huge difference for me. Also try different camera settings. Even ones you think won't work! x