Saturday, 5 November 2011

More Black!!!

What was I saying about challenges and black earlier?  Well, there's one that actually suits my new Tilda stamp and it's over at Magnolia Stamp Lovers!  Fortunately for me the challenge is to use black and no other colour is specified, although I was a bit worried that there wasn't enough black on my card.  Having seen the fabulous DT cards though, I was reassured that black and white/grey would be OK.

 I coloured this adorable Tilda (I'm so in love with this latest collection!) with my Copics and added half a ton of Glamour Dust to her hat and scarf.  I masked the main image and stamped the trees over the top; I stamped an extra tree, cut it out and layered it over parts of the background for a bit of depth.  A good dollop of Stickles on the trees gave them a bit of sparkle.  The sky looked a bit empty so I used some Kaisercraft rub on stars to fill the space.

The silver DP is from the latest SEI pad and over this I layered a square of Pink Petticoat little stars paper.  I then embossed a piece of black Coredinations card with the Cuttlebus Swiss Dots folder, roughed up the edges and added this as another layer.  Then I wrapped a length of M&S black sparkly ribbon around all the DP layers, although to be honest now you can hardly see it. 

I put a large snowflake (I won these as part of a candy a while ago and I'm eeking out my last few!) behind the image and a smaller snowflake on top.  In the opposite corner is a Craftwork Cards message circle.

The picket fence, cut in black, is a Doohickey die cut.  I covered it in Polar White flowersoft and hope it looks like snow!  Actually if I had the time I should have just left the card outside overnight - it's been freezing here all day and this afternoon I had to defrost the car for the first time since last winter.

Now please can I go back to my flowery and girlie comfort zone? 

Have a lovely evening.

Tracey xx

13 comments:

Home sweet home said...

Gorgeous card.
The image Tilda is so sweet.
Have a nice weekend.:)

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Tracey...love the snowflake..and the black is fabulous with Tilda, who looks stunning.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Claire said...

This is gorgeous - love the image and the monochrome look. Hugs, Claire x

Faye said...

I really, really love this lovely black card. It's very sleek and stylish. I like the one below too, but this one is super and pushes all my buttons. xxx

Delphine said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Tracey! Your scene looks fantastic and I love the big snowflake, so beautiful! Hugs Delphine xx

CraftyC said...

I think your card is gorgeous Tracey. Looks like you've put alot of effort into this and its paid off. Have a lovely weekend!
Clairex

SAMARA said...

Masking! Yikes you are good! This card is classy, sophisticated yet so fun and adorable. I love it. Tracey, you certainly have a creative streak for adding dimension to your cards. What a tremendous gift. It really looks 3D. Have a great weekend, Samara

coops said...

wow this is fantastic tracey.gorgeous images and i loev the scene you have created and fab sparkly snowflake :D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

Your card is absolutely outstanding Tracey ! I love the big snowflake ! You are such a talented Lady ! Hugs and love from Catherine

An Occasional Genius said...

You had to defrost the car....we've gorgeous sunshine here today lol! The card looks stunning sweetie, I'm not surprised you're hanging on to those snowflakes, they're fab! xx

Tracy said...

I think you did a wonderful job with the black. :-) All that Flower Soft is so fun paired up with the snowflakes. Great card Tracey. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog for my SS GD card for this week. I'm really happy to be a part of the team for this month. :-) Hugs!

Jules said...

Hi Tracey

A gorgeous look!!

Loving your colouring and shading and that snowflake is stunning!!!

Love Jules xx

Unknown said...

Hi Tracey, what a gorgeous card! Love all the sparkles and another really sweet image. That snowflake is just amazing! Sarah