Sunday, 4 December 2011

Here comes the snow!

Yes, it's here - as I look out of my kitchen window I can see the snow on the hills. It's been trying to snow here on and off all day but because it's been so wet it isn't sticking.  The problem will be tomorrow morning if it gets any colder - I hope they send the gritter out tonight!

Snow is also the new challenge theme over at Sweet Stampin'. We don't mind whether it's a snowman, snowflakes, snow drift... anything as long as it's snowy (and stamped)!

No snow on my card today, though.  Instead I opted for one of my older, but favourite, Christmas Tildas.  I love this one because she's so lovely to colour and she looks good in soft colours.


I cut out the stamped image with a Nestie and coloured her with Copics (Es and Ws). I used Magnolia papers and added a Cheery Lynn doiley die cut which, like all of the edges, I distressed and coloured with some Frayed Burlap DI.


I added some Diamond stickles to Tilda's ribbons, dress and tinsel for a bit of sparkle.  The lace is from Wild Orchid Crafts and the seam binding is from the Ribbon Girl.  I used a Basic Grey Capella brad in the centre of the bow.


The sentiment panel is cut out with a Nellies die and I added Kaisercraft rub on. The pearls are from my stash and the flowers, which have been sprayed with Glimmer Mist, are from Wild Orchid Crafts.

I thought I would enter this card in the following challenges:

TOMIC - Vintage and Lace
Just Magnolia - Anything Goes with Sparkle 

Have a lovely week!

Hugs

Tracey xx

11 comments:

Claire said...

This is gorgeous Tracey, lovely image and great colour combo. Hugs, Claire x

CraftyC said...

I just love sow Tracey and I love your card, its gorgeous!!
Snows pretty hit or miss down here in kent but we've had 2 of the worst years of it. Total disruption but to me its all worth while just for the white stuff -lol
Clairexx

Home sweet home said...

So pretty and beautiful card,love the colours and the flowers are so gorgeous.:)

xxxtglxxx said...

This is utterly stunning Tracey! :) You are right, there is something really special and sweet about the older Tildas at christmas, this is gorgeous.

We have quite a bit of snow outside tonight too - woke up to it, and its been snowing all day.

Hope your flooding cleared up too, ours is an old 17th c farmhouse, so its built to withstand quite a lot the scottish weather chucks at it, but if the wind blows in the wrong direction we are scuppered! :)

have a smashing weekend,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Vicky said...

So beautiful Tracey...and I hope the weather improves for you sweetie...

big hugs Vicky xx

Stampin'Piper said...

This is beautiful, looks so elegant!

Thanks for joining our Vintage & Lace Challenge at TOMIC, hope to see you again!

Hugs Tanja

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful card Tracey ! Love those colours.. And the ribbon is scrumptious ! Love the little brad you have put on top of the bow ! Sweeeeeet ! Hugs and love from Catherine

coops said...

so beautiful.gorgeous design and image and i love your soft colours ;D

xx coops xx

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie this is absolutely gorgeous I love the softness of it its sooooooo pretty. Love your Tilda she is lush.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Mo said...

Tracey your card is absolutely beautiful, love the soft colors you used for it!
Thanks a lot for joining us at Just Magnolia this week!
Big Hugs,
Mo

Dawn said...

Gorgeous card! Beautifully embellished with a wonderful, soft vintage feel to it. Love it!

Hugs, Dawn