Thursday, 15 December 2011

A Traditional Tilda

Counting the days to the holidays now!  The Boy Wonder has a rotten cold but needs to be at school tomorrow for a maths test unfortunately.  He's had a French test and a science test already this week.  Why do kids have to do tests at the end of term when they're all so tired?  It doesn't make any sense to me at all!

Once we'd got to grips with Gregor's algebra homework we were able to snuggle up in front of the fire and to be honest I don't know how we both stayed awake! There's a lovely burning log smell in the house now - one of the advantages of living in the middle of the countryside is that we get the best logs for the fire.  I've got lots all piled up outside - a log fire and a gin and tonic and that's me sorted for Christmas!!

Anyway, I'm rattling on when I should be showing you a card. I've made this for one of my goddaughter; I'm so proud of her - she's just back from climbing to the top of Kilimanjaro! 



I used Magnolia papers and Tilda stamps, coloured with Copics.  The sentiment is a K&Co rub on and the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts - they've been covered with Twinklets to make them look a bit frosty.


And finally a close up of Tilda
 I've managed to finish a couple more cards this week so I'll do my best to upload them over the next couple of days.  I still haven't written a single card, although I did get my sister's card and presents off to New Zealand in time.  Most of the shopping is done - just a couple of stocking fillers for some of Gregor's pals and that will be the presents taken care of. 

The plan this weekend is to go over to see my lovely Marianne on Saturday.  She's doing much better now after a rotten couple of months in and out of hospital.  She's finished her chemo and just has to go for her Herceptin every 3 weeks for the next few months.  It's such a relief to see her looking so much brighter although she never complains - the most she's said is "I'm fed up with this now"!  This is the girl who, when her second baby decided to make an appearance earlier than expected, asked her hubby to call the midwife because it was "a bit sore"!

I thought I'd enter this card in the CES Challenge - A Traditional Christmas

See you soon!

Hugs,

Tracey x

4 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous card hun, love the colours & teh embellsihments you have used!

Thank you for sharing with us at CES Challenges this time, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

I have to agree with you regards the test, our daughter is 14 & has just sat 3 mock gcse's & has the real thing the week they go back....so shes gonna be studying all over the holidays, not fair if you ask me!

Vicky said...

This is gorgeous sweetie love the papers & Tilda looks lush.
Hope your son's tests go ok.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Wishcraft said...

This is gorgeous Tracey, such a pretty card! Lisa x

coops said...

stunning card tracey.love your gorgeous paper and colours and the tilda is so pretty :D

xx coops xx