Normally Clean and Simple and Tracey do not mix! I need my flowers and bows and pearls and a layer or two. However, I thought I'd have another try at colouring on Kraft paper and had one of my new Magnolia stamps in mind but couldn't make up my mind which papers to use. So I decided to go for it and just use Kraft card.
I still can't get the skin tones right so I've coloured the skin with Copics. They seem to sink into the card tho' so I'm not entirely happy with them either. I've used my Prismas for the rest of the image and added a little blob of Frosted Lace Stickles to the centre of the flower. The sentiment is a Pebbles Inc rub on and the ribbon is from my stash.
I wasn't entirely happy with this although it's growing on me now. I'll admit to being pleased with the colouring under Tilda's feet!
I'd like to enter this card in the Magnolia Stamp Lovers - Use Kraft challenge.
We have another new challenge over at Sweet Stampin' starting today. It's a great theme - Glitter, Sparkle, Bling - All That Glitters, in fact. We have two amazing sponsors offering prizes too - the fabulous Joanna Sheen and Emerald Faeries. Well worth hopping over to have a look, I think!
A short post as we've had a dodgy internet connection here for the past couple of days and I've still got my Sweet Stampin' Spotlight post to finish!
Hope you're having a lovely weekend.
Hugs,
Tracey xx


15 comments:
You're being too hard on yourself. This is wonderful! The yellow and white look fantastic on the kraft and the CAS design lets us focus on the beautiful image you've created. Glad you decided to give it a try Tracey! hugs!
wow Tracey....gorgeous!! love the the look, it's fab.
Fi
x
You have done a brilliant job with this and the colours are fab.
x catherine
Tracey, you NEED to do this style more! Your colouring is awesome. I want more!! ;) xxx
Oh Tracey your card is fantastic ! Your colouring is stunning and I love love kraft so your card is a winner for me !!! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine
so stunning tracey.the image is gorgeous and i love your fantastic colouring on the kraft card :D
xx coops xx
WOWZERS........sweetie this is my favourite card of yours I love foofiness its my ultmiate fave I would choose it over CAS anyday but you really have done this gorgeous hun I love kraft & prisma's were sooooo meant for kraft I dont like markers on it as it doesnt give the same effect does it. You really should do this more hun cus you have got it to a tee. PERFECTO MISSUS!!
Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx
Oh my goodness Tracy!! this is fantastic!! I keep meaning to have another go at coloring on kraft, and now you have inspired me!! I have trouble with the skin tones aswell!! But I think the copics work just beautiful!!
Hugs
Jacqui x
Tracey it looks wonderful I wish I could colour with pencil like this!! Chanelle xxx
This is beautiful Tracey, looove your colouring on the kraft paper... just stunning xxx
Oh wow! CAS and Tracey most certainly DO mix! This is absolutely gorgeous, I love it so much :o) Lisa x
Hi Tracey, ooooh this is just lovely! Wonderful colouring, love the yellow so pretty.
Sarah
Hi Tracey
This looks gorgeous!!
I have never tried colouring on kraft .. .. you make it look amazing!!!
Beautiful colour choices too.
Love Jules xx
This is just super! :) Wonderful Tracey, it looks utterly fabulous. I love the simplicity of it and the contrast between the pretty pastel colours and the kraft card :)
hugs
xxalisonxx
I love this!! I'm going to have to try colouring on Kraft as I really do love the soft sort of finish it gives. I'm with you re colouring skin tones; I almost always use Copics for skin (and have noted your comments about using them on Kraft; forewarned is forearmed!) Thanks for sharing this little cutie, Donna xx
Post a Comment