Friday, 27 January 2012

Red White and Blue

Happy Friday evening everyone! I thought I'd share a boy's card with you.


I coloured Edwin playing football with my Copics and cut him out with an oval Go Kreate die.  The papers are from Magnolia; I only got them recently but think I'll be using them a lot more as they're perfect for boys' cards.

I used my Doohickey swirl die again and cut out a stamped rosette from last year's Magnolia sporty collection.  The sticker in the middle of the rosette is from a 7 Gypsies sheet that I've had for ages.  Instead of my beloved flowers I used some Making Memories fabric covered brads.

I'm going to enter this card in the following challenges:

Magnolia Stamp Lovers - Sports
Magnolia Down Under - Use the colours of your country's flag (Red, White and Blue)

We missed our Burns Supper because I was working late so we're going to have our haggis, neeps and tatties on Sunday - looking forward to that! My chickens have started laying again so for the first time in several weeks I'll be able to get some serious baking done over the weekend. In between marking essays, that is!

And on that foodie note, I'd better go and throw something on the table!

Hope to see you again over the weekend.

Hugs

Tracey xx

16 comments:

Fiona said...

gorgeous Tracey..love those papers.

Fi
x

Debbie Pamment said...

This is just a perfect choice for your colour combo - fabulous job.
Thanx so much for joining us at MDUC this week.
xXx

CraftyC said...

I love your mans card Tracey. Sure I have those papers to, hidden under a mound of others no doubt. Enjoy the haggis!
Clairex

Tracy said...

Those papers ARE fantastic Tracey! Definitely great guy card material and this one is proof. Awesome job on Edwin and a fun design. Hugs! :-)

Claire said...

Fab card Tracy, love the red, white and blue combo too. Have a lovely day. Hugs, Claire x

Chrissy said...

Fabulous male card Tracey, love the papers and gorgeous colouring..the angled layers look great..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic card Tracey ! I love the papers and the distressed look ! Have a great week-end Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card sweetie loving the fab image I think I have this one but I'm not sure lol....I know I have 4 stamps of the sports ones & 1 is the goal net lol. I love these papers hun & I must get myself some of these how gorgeous are they!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Unknown said...

Awww this is gorgeous Tracey, what a sweet image and the colours I love too :) xx

catherine said...

This is such a lovely card and the image is fab. have a nice weekend
x catherine

coops said...

so stunning tracey.fabulous colours and design and i love the image :D

xx coops xx

Delphine said...

Fantastic card, Tracey! Your Edwin is too cute and those papers are just perfect! Great layout too! Have a lovely evening! Hugs Delphine xx

An Occasional Genius said...

Ooh they are indeed fabby papers! Love you swirl dies too & super colouring as always! Any chocolate cake going?! xx

P.S. You do know they sell eggs in the supermarket too lol!

Janice said...

Fantastic card, love those papers! Beautiful arrangement of a lovely card, Jx

Faye said...

This is such a fun card. Loving to see you use bold colours also. xxx

xxxtglxxx said...

what a brilliant boys card!! Woo. This looks awesome :)

hugs

xxalisonxx