Saturday, 4 February 2012

Sweet Stampin' - The One I Love

We have a new challenge at Sweet Stampin' today, just in time for Valentine's Day.  We're looking for cards to send to "The One I Love"; it's Team Abi's turn this week, so here's my contribution:

I went for something a little different for me this time.  I really wanted to use these Magnolia papers  with their lovely gold tones. I usually dive straight into my flower stash but felt I wanted something less cluttered so instead I splodged everything with Versamark ink and gold embossing powder.  I used my Martha Stewart PATP to punch a 5" square and this also had random splodges of gold embossing along with some smears of some creamy gilding stuff that was free in a magazine a while back. 

I stamped the Magnolia text and heart with brown Stazon and added some of the gilding cream to this too to make it look a bit worn and tatty.  I coloured the little hAnglar boy with Copics using E numbers only and added gold Stickles to the heart he is holding. 

This week at Sweet Stampin' we are sponsored by

 


Here is a little "blurb" about the store...

Stamp and Create is an online store based in the US. We have free shipping on US orders of $55 or more and low international shipping rates. We specialize in stamping and carry many companies including: Wags 'n Whiskers Rubber Stamps, Magnolia Stamps, CC Designs, Sweet Pea Stamps, Whimsy Stamps, High Hopes Rubber Stamps, The Greeting Farm and more. We have a weekly candy each Monday on our blog. In addition, each Monday a new stamps company or category is on sale for up to 25% off.

They are giving away this fabby prize to one randomly chosen winner


And of course, we also have our lovely monthly sponsor, Joanna Sheen, whose prize goes to one randomly chosen winner from all of this month's entries.

I'm going to enter this in the following challenges

Just Magnolia - Anything Goes + option of Valentines
Deep Ocean Challenges - Love You

Back to marking prelim papers after I've done the housework.  Bet you wish you had my exciting life!

Enjoy your weekend.

Hugs

Tracey xx

21 comments:

mixamatoasties said...

Fab card Tracey!

Enjoy your marking.....

xxx

Pamela said...

Your card is so pretty Tracey, love the image.

Pam x

Doreen said...

lovely card....and I lobe the vintage look
Hugs
Doreen xx

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card, I love the vintage look and the image is so pretty xx

Claire said...

This is a fabulous card hun, love the text background. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Claire x

Vicky said...

This is gorgeous Tracey...

big hugs Vicky xx

An Occasional Genius said...

Another blog makeover! Very pretty hon, is that why the marking is taking such a long time to get through!!

Fab card hon, I do hope you've checked that text for spelling & punctuation errors lol!!

Hugs xx

Unknown said...

Hi Tracey, this is one gorgeous card! Love the embossing and the little chap is just to cute!

Sarah

PS - Also wanted to say thank you for the lovely supportive comments you left on my blog.

Am crawling back out of the hole I dug for myself and hopefully will be back on form any minute now!!

Chrissy said...

This is lovely Tracey..love the colours and gorgeous image with the sparkly heart.

Luv CHRISSYxx

coops said...

beautiful card tracey.i love your soft vintage colours and gorgeous image :D

xx coops xx

catherine said...

This is such a lovely card and beautiful colours. hope you have a nice weekend
x catherine

Jenny said...

What a lovely colour choice and such a cute image. x

Fiona said...

wow...this is beautifully Tracey...love the subtle colours and the image is so pretty...just love it.

Fi
x

Kim said...

Beautiful card! Cute image...Kim

Tracy said...

It's fabulous! Love the look you achieved with the combination of those great papers and the embossing powder. Lovely vintage feel Tracey! :-) Hugs!

Natali said...

This is sooooo beautiful!! Gorgeous gold. Great idea.
hugs
Natali

Ella's Design said...

Adorable card, Tracey! Love the gold and cream colour combo and vintage feel, beautifully coloured, sweet Hanglar image, too! I often forget about embossing powders...might just have to get mine out of the cupboard! Thanks for commenting on my blog, Lisa x

xxxtglxxx said...

I think this is a stunning card Tracey! :) Beautiful, soft vintage feel to it. I love that punch and your shimmery gold effect too.

hugs

xxalisonxx

Faye said...

How did I miss this completely adorable creation? I totally, totally LOVE it. Want it! xx

Wishcraft said...

So lovely Tracey :o) Love this sweet image and fab colours too, just gorgeous! Lisa x

Jane said...

This is gorgeous! thanks for joining us at Deep Ocean Challenges! hugs, Jane x