Friday, 6 April 2012

The Best Laid Plans...

In my head, I was going to get lots of jobs done in the garden this week, as well as give the house a good Spring clean.  And, of course, I was going to get a fair amount of crafting time... in my head.

The reality of the situation is that yes, I've managed to get one or two jobs done in the garden (before the snow/rain/wind/cold descended) and yes, I've done a fair amount of tidying, cleaning, washing etc.  I've tried to get some crafting done, but my mojo has decided that because it's the holidays, he (notice how today I've made it a man?) is taking a break.  Great timing, eh?

However, after chucking two or three dodgy efforts in the bin, I've finally made something I quite like.  Couldn't get a decent photo of it, but I guess that fits with the general theme of the week so far!



I used one of the new-ish Cheery Lynn dies to make this easel card.  I've been very pleased with the way these dies cut so cleanly, although I can't get the smallest die to cut a full shape without getting a line down the middle.  Basically the dies are half of the shape you see in the picture so you cut, remove the die and position it so that it cuts the matching half.  I think the smallest die will make a good tab shape, though.




Anyway, the image is a much neglected Whiff of Joy stamp coloured with the Timmy Distress Pens and water. I added a fair amount of Glamour Dust to the wings and to her clothes.  The DP is Magnolia and there is a stitched panel of Coredinations card on top of that.  I put the image on a doily to give a softer look to the card; underneath this is some beautiful sheer ribbon from The Ribbon Girl.

The flowers are, of course, from Wild Orchid Crafts and are my favourite open roses.  Mum's birthday is next month so I think this might be heading her way, unless I make something I like even better in the meantime!

I'm going to enter this card into the following challenges:

Wild Orchid Crafts: Things With Wings
Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes with option Mono (pink and white)

Thanks for stopping by - enjoy your evening!

Hugs

Tracey xx

7 comments:

Vicky said...

WOW......beautiful card sweetie I adore the image & the shape.

Hope you have a lovely Easter sweetie.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Tracey, love the soft colours and fabulous shape.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Unknown said...

This is so pretty and soft, I love the gorgeous flowers and adorable image... Happy Easter xxx

Anonymous said...

Your card is so beautiful Tracey ! I love the shape and the beautiful colours ! Have a lovely Easter Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Tracy said...

Sounds like you accomplished quite a bit to me. :-) Your card is so lovely Tracey. Beautiful soft colors on the image to go with the white base. I'd say your mojo put in an appearance. :-) Hugs and Happy Easter!

coops said...

so beautiful tracey.gorgoeus pretty colours and i love the fab shape and image :D

xx coops xx

annes paperfun said...

Such a lovely card!
Lovely image
Thanks for joining our challenge at WOC this time - hope to see you back at our next challenge!
Hugs Anne Kristine