Sunday, 29 April 2012

A Black and White Image

There's a new challenge starting today at Lovely hAnglar Only ... except we're no longer "Lovely hAnglar Only" - we're now "Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia"!

As much as we adore our cute little hAnglars, they are getting more and more difficult to buy.  Now and again they appear on Ebay but my goodness, they can sell for an extraordinary amount of money!  So the Boss Ladies at LhO have taken the decision to include Magnolia stamps in our challenges.  I think that's a great idea, as the stamps actually work very well together.

I've used a hAnglar stamp for this fortnight's challenge.  We'd like you to colour your image in black/white/grey but use colour everywhere else!  Here's what I did




I coloured my little hAnglar girl with Copics C0-7 and decided to put her with some of the brightest papers I could find in my stash!  These fabulous orange papers are among the last few squares I have of the Basic Grey Ambrosia collection.  I teamed them with black Bazzill which I shaped using a Martha Stewart PATP punch.  The tag was made from the same paper and card, cut out with a Cheery Lynn die and given a rub on sentiment.  I added some roses from Wild Orchid Crafts and a Cheery Lynn die cut butterfly to complete my card.

Apologies for the photo.  In real life the contrast between the papers and the mono image looks a lot stronger. 

Hope you can join us at Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia - remember, you can use either hAnglar or Magnolia stamps in our challenges now!  And we have prizes, too; this fortnight our sponsor is Quixotic Paperie who are giving a £10 voucher for their online shop to our lucky winner.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Tracey xx 

16 comments:

xxxtglxxx said...

Tracey, this is eye-poppingly gorgeous! :)

Stunning, dramatic and gorgeous!

hugs

xxalisonxx

Kim said...

Wow that is a tough challenge but you managed it beautifully!

Anonymous said...

WOW ! What a stunning card ! I love the shape, the papers and your monochromatic colouring is fantastic ! Love the flowers too, gorgeous ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Faye said...

Yes, I agree with Alison. One faberoony card. Mwah. xx

coops said...

so stunning tracey.i really love your design and colours and the image is gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

Mina said...

its crazy money they go for isnt it Tracey...I guess its supply and demand so sad...your monochrome hAnglar girl really pops off the page, what a great idea
Mina xxx

Vicky said...

Just so gorgeous Tracey...love the image and such a fabulous layout too hun :o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Rachel said...

Beautiful card Tracey, love the colour contrast. Thank you for popping by my blog with the shopping tips...its pay day today so I think a mini spree might be in order! Wedgie xxx

Tracy said...

I applaud your bravery Tracey! :-) Just doing an image in black in white sounds awfully scary. You did a fantastic job and using that MS punch around the page set (one of my favorites) was a beautiful touch. Hugs!

mixamatoasties said...

Stunning card Tracey :) Love it.

Susan xx

Claire said...

This is so lovely - love the image. Hugs, Claire x

Debbie said...

What a great card Tracey, love the colours used and the little Hangler image in Monochrome is lovely.

I wanted to thank you for your delightful comment on my blog, and to think that I have inspired you to do scrapbooking of your mum's photo's has really touched me, thank you so much, I filled up when I read your message.
My mum is 73 and I just love the photo's i have of her, i often just get one and scrap it, my kids love to see the old B&W photo's of her in the 1950's.
Thank you again Tracey and please let us see your layouts when you do them.
Debbiexx

catherine said...

Such a beautiful card Tracey and just loving the colours you have used. Fab image
x catherine

Unknown said...

Hi Tracey, oh my this is just gorgeous! Love the strong colours on the papers contrasted with the b/w of the image! Love the repeating shapes as well.

Sarah

Desire Fourie said...

This is just gorgeous.
Hugs
Desire

An Occasional Genius said...

Wow, what a stunner hon! Your colouring looks absolutely wonderful & the bright orange is such a gorgeous backdrop for her xx