Sunday, 1 April 2012

Make your own flowers at Lovely hAnglar Only!

Hope you're all having a lovely afternoon.  We've had a bright and sunny morning but the clouds are rolling in now and there's a definite chill in the air.

I'm here to tell you about the latest challenge at Lovely hAnglar Only which started this afternoon.  This fortnight we'd like to see handmade flowers on your card.  My Teamies over at LhO have made some amazing creations to inspire you so do hop over here and take a look.

We're sponsored by the lovely Ribbon Girl who are offering one of their fab ribbon packs.

Lifelong crafters Mother and Daughter, Mary and Andrea were tired of having to buy full rolls of ribbon and lace when they only needed one metre. Because they love ribbons and all things pretty, they decided to open their own online shop in 2010 and make small quantities of beautiful products easily available to all crafters. Mary owns the shop and runs it on a day to day basis as well as keeping the website updated while Andrea looks after the social side, The Ribbon Girl Blog and the Design Team. They specialise in supplying small (or large) quantities of ribbon, twine, gorgeous vintage style lace and seam binding ribbon, tiny pom-pom and ric-rac trim, all sorts of buttons, fancy pins, a multitude of charms, pearl and crystal flourishes, wool felt squares, seasonal and unusual embellishments, mulberry flowers, sticky tape and accessories to card makers, crafters, scrapbookers and cake decorators. They stock only the best quality products and only offer for sale goods that they would personally buy and use themselves.



This is the gorgeous prize Mary and Andrea are offering




I know from experience how fabulous these are, as I recently was lucky enough to win one in a Lili's Little Fairies challenge.  So do ink up those hAnglar stamps and join in the fun!

Here's my DT card


I used a Bazzill base and Magnolia paper, which I stitched (badly!).  I then added a square doily and some metal corners.  Ribbon from the Ribbon Girl and loads of die cuts followed:  a Cheery Lynn butterfly, Doohickey leaves and a Doohickey swirl.  The flowers were made from Doohickey die cuts - I don't have this die but I bought a couple of packs of diecuts on Ebay for pennies.  I splodged the petals with some Distress Ink and while it was drying sprayed the diecuts with Chalkboard Mist to give them a lovely shine.  Once the petals had dried I glued them together and added a pearl to the centres.

The image was coloured with Copics and cut with a Nestie, which I then edged with Distress Ink.

Fortunately I've managed to get a fair few jobs done in the garden while the weather has been good.  Yesterday I cut the grass -  it took me 3 hours!  I've got a sit-on mower because the Boy Wonder and I live in the middle of a field (it's supposed to be a small holding but I just don't have enough hours in the day to keep it going) and could I get the thing to start?  I'm no mechanic, so out came the electric mower.  Today the Boy Wonder and I cleared out the greenhouse in readiness for seed sowing and veg growing.  I have to say TBW's reluctance couldn't have been more obvious, but he stuck at it nonetheless.  And I'm happy because I've managed to cross some jobs off my holiday "To Do" list!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

Hugs

Tracey xx

15 comments:

Jacqui P said...

Oooh Stunning Tracey! I must give my Hanglars a bit of an airing!! you have inspired me!!
Hugs
Jacqui P x

Fiona said...

wow Tracey...this is gorgeous!! Love those dies...now I am looking for a swirly thing and a leafy thing...these are perfect!!

Fi
x

xxxtglxxx said...

This is so pretty Tracey - I love the Aqua and white combo and gorgeous details as always hun!

Love your flowers with a hint of blue too.

Hope you have a smashing week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Elise said...

Hi Tracey! Wow, this is gorgeous! I love the crisp clean look of this .. and that flowers and butterfly is the perfect touches! Love it!

Big Hugs,
Elise

coops said...

so beautiful tracey.really pretty colours and details and the image is gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

Unknown said...

Such a sweet and pretty card with such lovely blue colours! Thanks for your nice comment on my blog, have a wonderful new week, Ira xox

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card Tracey ! I love the colours and the embellies are exquisite ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Unknown said...

Oooh beautiful Tracey! Love your colours and the flowers are gorgeous. The stamp is so cute as well.

You have my sympathies with the grass cutting - altho thankfully hubby deals with our grass cutting. We've had my F-i-L staying with us since Friday, doing his favourite thing - digging, planting and generally gardening! Hopefully we will have lots of fruit and veg this year - if Peter and I don't kill it all!!!

Sarah

Rachel said...

Gorgeous card Tracey, its so pretty and I love those flowers! Thanks for putting my candy on your sidebar. Wedgie xxx

Wishcraft said...

So gorgeous Tracey! Love that sweet image and all your fabby dies :o) Lisa x

Dawn said...

Beautiful card! Gorgeous dies and dimension and I think your sewing looks just fine! Lovely colours too.

Hugs, Dawn

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Absolutely gorgeous Tracey!

Love
Maarit

Natali said...

Wow!! This is soooo gorgeous!!! Love these colours.. Amazing details and cute image.
Hugs
Natali

Hazel said...

Stunning card tracy - love the colours you have used and those die cuts are just something else.

I am now following you and look forward to seeing your next creation.

Take care

Hazel x

Serena said...

You created stunning flowers! Love this white and light blue card!!!!!