The song title seems rather appropriate when you see the card I have made:
I made a base card from Bazzill and punched a border around the mat with a Martha Stewart PATP. I used the same corner punch on the DP, which is from Basic Grey's Piccadilly collection. I wrapped a length of sheer lemon ribbon around the DP before I stuck it down and added a bow in the same fabric to the top right corner.
I masked Tilda with the Magnolia rainbow stamp and coloured the image with Distress Markers and a wet paintbrush. I added some Picket Fence Stickles to the clouds, Tilda's brolly and the puddle at her feet. I put some silver Liquid Pearls onto the raindrops and popped some lemon Papermania gems into the corners of the image.
I went a bit loopy with the flowers, but once I'd started I couldn't stop, particularly as the shape of the image left quite a large blank space to be filled! All of the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.
I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly - April Showers or Water
Basic Grey Challenges - Spring Colours (Basic Grey Piccadilly DP)
Deep Ocean Challenge Blog - Song Title Inspiration (Walkin' in the Rain)
Simon Says Stamp - April Showers Bring Spring Flowers
That's all from me for this evening - I've got a pile of marking to do and today was only the first day back!
Take care.
Tracey xx

14 comments:
Oh this is so so sweet Tracey ! Love the image, the border and the display of flowers ! Gorgeous ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine
This is gorgeous,love the image.xxx
Hi Tracey,
first off can I say that I don't really remember the 70's - no seriously I don't, honestly I'm not that old (yet!) and who remembers the decade they were born in anyway (ooops did that just slip out!)!! Give me an 80's programme and I'd be better. Tho having said that I do seem to vaguely recall something about The Brotherhood of Man and save all your kisses for me being a favourite song growing up.
Love the card - such a sweet image and great colours (love the rainbow). Can't see anything wrong with the flowers myself - if I had more flowers, I'd use 'em!!
Sarah
So I just had to search and found this You tube video of the Partridge family singing Walkin in the Rain.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtmgENKr3x4
And from one Donny Osmond fan to another ... and they called it puppy love oh I guess they'll never know .... ooops sorry, got carried away - love your card! :-) hugs x
This one is gorgeous!
Hugs Nicolet
So sweet! The rainbow is a nice touch.
I loved Donny Osmond, although I did have Patridge Family trading cards lol.
LOL I had to go check YT for that song cause I couldn't place it. They actually have a vid of The Partridge Family Show where they sang this song and there in the audience was a little Jodie Foster. Gosh I feel old! LOL
Your beautiful yellow card is lovely Tracey. I think Suzanne Dean's CMC Copic challenge has a "color with yellow" challenge going on right now. Your card would be perfect. Hugs!
Gorgeous card Tracey - love the punchwork around the edge of the card and gorgeous colours too. Hugs, Claire x
gorgeous card tracey.i love your colours and stunning image and details :D
xx coops xx
Absolutely beautiful and perfect for your song choice. Love the beautiful scene you have created.
Hugs
Desire
another fabulous card. Love the image and the colours
Hugs
Doreen xx
Gorgeous card, what a super image and just perfect for our challenges.
Thank you for joining us at BasicGrey Challenges, Papertake Weekly and Simon Says Challenge this week !
Hugs,
Jo x
Wow tracy another stunner! totally gorgeous! thankyou for joining us over at totally tilda this time
Hugs
Jacqui P x
Oh this is just GORGEOUS!! :) I dont usually like yellow, but this is like sunshine on a rainy day!
Stunning embellies too!
hugs
xxalisonxx
Post a Comment