Sunday, 22 July 2012

Pretty Doilies

It's time for a new challenge at Lovely hAnglar and Sweet Magnolias and this fortnight it's the turn of Team A to provide some challenge inspiration.  Our new theme is Doilies, so we'd like to see these on your creations; they can be die-cut or ready made, in any shape and size.

I love using doilies as they are so pretty and are great for adding an extra layer without any bulk, so here is what I did with mine...



I went to town with the doilies and used a 5" square bought doily (got a pack on Ebay and they are gorgeous) together with a handmade doily using a Martha Stewart Deep Edge PATP punch.  The papers are Basic Grey Piccadilly; I love the zingy green in this paper! I teamed this with some red ribbon from my stash and some roses from Wild Orchid Crafts.


My little hAnglar girl is one of my favourite images to colour.  She's quite big compared to other hAnglar stamps so you can go mad with bold colours. I used my Copics and will admit to being rather pleased with this colour combo, which is a bit different for me.

Our sponsor at Lovely hAnglar and Sweet Magnolias for this challenge is Creative Treasures who are giving away a surprise package to one lucky winner chosen at random from our entries this fortnight.

I’m Tracy and the owner of Creative Treasures, we are a family run business with a love of all things craft related. We stock a great range of mulberry flowers, pretty ribbons, seam binding, lace, crystal drops, charms and lots of pretty embellishments. We are always adding new stock. Our aim is to provide fantastic customer service and great value for money.
 
 
 
I do hope you can join in with us at Lovely hAnglar and Sweet Magnolias - remember, you can use hAnglar & StAnglar and Magnolia stamps now!  Why not grab a cup of coffee and take a look at what my Teamies have made to inspire you?

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Papertake Weekly - All Things Girlie
Stampin' for the Weekend - Photo Inspiration


Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Hugs

Tracey x

12 comments:

XxJULESxX said...

I just came over for a closer look i love this card! it's stunning!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Tracey what a fabulous card and the frame is superb well done Hugs Elaine

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Tracey, love the sweet image and colouring...the frame is beautiful..gorgeous card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Hazel said...

Beautiful card Tracey - such lovely colours and a great image.

Thanks for dropping by to see me and leaving me some lovely comments.

Ta ta for now.

Hazel x

Jacqui P said...

Totally stunning Tracey! I love everything about this card! brill colouring and I just love your PATP! I can never get them to work properly! great colours also! I put off getting this stamp set and now the hanglar web site never has any stamps!! hope your having great summer hols!
hugs
Jacqui

mixamatoasties said...

So lovely Tracey! Can't wait till Saturday :)

Susan xx

catherine said...

This is so beautiful Tracey and a great image. Love the colours and the dollies you have used
x catherine

Regina Easter said...

wow this is so pretty....

Natali said...

Beautiful card. With these "doilies" and cute image so sweet.
Hugs
Natali

coops said...

so stunning tracey.gorgeous detailed frame and i love the sweet image :D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

Your card is so so adorable Tracey ! I love those doilies and the image is so cute ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Faye said...

How much cuteness. Love the border. xx