Thursday, 5 July 2012

It's the Holidays!!!

The school holidays are here! Yay! In spite of the rain, thunder and lightning it feels fabulous to be able to have an evening of not doing school work and - even better - not feeling guilty about not doing schoolwork!

Although I love the holidays I don't normally look forward to them quite as much as I have this year.  It's been quite a difficult term for lots of different reasons and it will be very nice to go back to work in August knowing that the last few not-very-nice weeks are behind us.

I mentioned the other day that some of my colleagues are retiring; one in my department and another, very dear friend, in our Faculty and who happens to have the classroom next door to me.  I will miss her so much; she is a wonderful teacher who cares deeply about the kids.  I've been working on a wee album (a first for me) to give to her as a souvenir of our time working together but also with pages to put photos of her forthcoming adventures now that she doesn't have to spend her weekends marking folio essays!

Here's a page from the album; Susan doesn't like sport - at all - so we've been suggesting some alternative sports for her to try. 





I used Maja Designs and Magnolia papers and coloured my Tilda with Distress Markers.  The banner was made using a Doohickey die and I cut the fishtail shape with a brilliant new buy, a set of MFT dies.  They cut so cleanly, I'm very impressed. I added some Stickles to the pompoms and a corner embellie from Wild Orchid Crafts and that's it.  I thought I'd enter this in the Just Magnolia challenge (which closes shortly!) which this week is "Banners".


The Boy Wonder and I are off on holiday on Monday and we're so excited! We're going to Barcelona and have struck a deal: I will happily visit Nou Camp with TBW if he will "do the Gaudi stuff" with me! I think that's fair, don't you?  Actually TBW's in for a real treat as he did very well in his first year at high school and got the first year prize for French (would have been a bit embarrasing if he hadn't really!) and also for Drama, plus a Silver Award for the National Maths Challenge.  The lad loves his football so I'm treating him to a Barcelona footie top, although I'm told I'll pay much more for it at Nou Camp than if I buy it online.  I just think there's something about buying it for him there... and I can't wait to see the look on his cheeky face!

Will be back before we go away but sending hugs to you all! Thank you for putting up with my inconsistent blogging over the past few weeks. 

Hugs

Tracey

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a lovely gift for your friend, I'm sure she will love it. It's beautiful. Love the papers and your coloring! Have a wonderful summer holiday! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Magnolia this week! Hugs, Elizabeth

xxxtglxxx said...

What a beautiful though Tracey! :) Im sure she will be really touched and treasure it too.

Stunning colours, design and cute Tilda too :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Anonymous said...

Your friend will be delighted ! What a great idea ! Love your creation, great colouring ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Faye said...

Is it really a year since we were talking about the last set of summer holidays?! Gosh. Enjoy Barecelona, you both really deserve it.

Your friend is going to love your thoughtful gift, it's gorgeous. And don't forget, shopping is a sport... xx

Unknown said...

Hi Tracey what a super card I love this…. Great work Well done Hugs Elaine

catherine said...

This is so fantastic Tracy - love it
x catherine

coops said...

so gorgeous tracey.stunning colours and image ;D

xx coops xx

Jacqui P said...

simply stunning Tracy, I am positive your friend will love it! feels like Logan has been off forever already!! the schools here broke up a week ago on Thursday! mind you it feels longer for us a he was off the last week with suspected Glandular fever!! fingers crossed it looks like it was just a really bad virus!!
Have a great holiday hun, have a fab time in Barcelona.
Hugs
JAcqui x

Anke said...

A lovely card, with lovely paper and a nice coloured stamp!
Hugs Anke