Well, I'm still having problems with Blogger but at least I can now upload my photos to Picassa and get them onto the blog that way. What a pain. I've read a few of the queries on some of the help forums - some people have gone 3 weeks without being to upload a picture and they've all had the same error messages as me!
Anyway, having had a couple of days crafting before I get properly back into doing schoolwork, I made some cards for challenges that caught my eye. Thanks to **?!** Blogger I've missed these but, trying to look on the bright side, at least I've got cards "in hand" for future challenges.
I've been using more Kraft card lately and the more I use it, the more I like it! I've been inspired by the lovely Catherine who makes the most stunning cards and manages to successfully combine Kraft card with any colour or image - something I've found quite hard to do.
I found this sheet of red gingham paper in amongst the leftovers of a 6"x6" SEI Christmas pad and knew it would go well with Kraft card. I knew just the stamp to use, too; this is one of the older Magnolia Tilda stamps and I love the simplicity of it. I coloured her with Copics and put some Crackle Glaze on the bauble to make it look old, although in the photo it looks a bit glittery.
The paper was inked and splodged with Antique Linen and Walnut Stain DIs. I cut out some Cheery Lynn corners and stamped a Magnolia Christmas sentiment using Kraft cardstock. I didn't think lots of embellies would look right with this style of card, so I simply added some jute and twine around the middle. I had to put a flower somewhere, though, so I opted for a wee 10mm rose from Wild Orchid Crafts.
The card is a wee bit plain (for me!) but I do quite like it. It will go with the lovely Christmas decorations I bought last year so I might try and make some gift bags along the same lines, if I get the time.
I'm going to enter this card into the following challenges:
Totally Tilda - Use Kraft
My Mum's Craft Shop Challenges - Kraft It
I'm off to get some other work done now... duty calls!
Tracey xx

12 comments:
Gorgeous card, I love these older Maggies. Great use of Kraft.
I couldn't uplaod pictures to blogger, so I downloaded google chrome and now use that to browse the internet and don't have any problems at all. I can now even upload them to Facebook (I was having to use my iPhone to do this).
Hugs,
Becky x
Wow this is brilliant Tracey! Great use of kraft, fab colouring, love those corners, just perfect. and not at all plain just beautifully elegant! love it!
Also thankyou so much for joining the fun over at totally tilda this time!
hugs
Jacqui xx
P.s. I have been having some weird problems with blogger too!! couldn't open blogs from my dashboard, and now if I open a blog from my dashboard rather than open a new page it opens instead of dashboard!! annoying much!! Lol!! xx
Hi Tracey! OooOh this is so beautiful! I love the craft/white/red combo .. it's so stunning!!!
ps .. hope Blogger improves soon. What a total booger it is!! lol!!
Hugs,
Elise
I'm so sorry you've been having so much trouble with blogger. It seems like it has the wierdest quirks.
I'm a HUGE kraft paper lover too and find myself grabbing for it before just about any other color for my cards. The gingham is a perfect match for it. Hugs!
Tracey I just ADORE your card ! I love the kraft cardstock and the paper you have chosen and the corners are gorgeous ! Love the image too, so sweet ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine
Love this Tracey. I love kraft card especially with red! Fabulous! hugs x
Lovely. Red gingham and craft card, wonderful combo! Put me in the mood for Christmas cards.
Susan x
great you can upload your pics now ;)
Fabby card. The image is stunning
Have a wonderful day hun
Big hugs
Doreen xx
Great card, thanks for joining us at MMCS.
Sally. x
Me again, hope you got your problem sorted
Thanks for joining us for this challenge at
Totally Tilda
Hugs, Becky x
I've got candy on my blog if you're interested, http://attic-crafter.blogspot.co.uk/
Soooo cute, love the tilda..Thanks for joining us at tt and good luck xx
Fantastic card I love this Tilda (its true what they say the old ones are the best) great colouring too and fabulous detail, youve used Kraft card is a lovely way, the corners look great very delicate
Thanks for joining in our challenge at Totally Tilda
Hugs Susie Sugar xx
Post a Comment