Saturday, 17 November 2012

Icky

Multi-tasking.  I've decided.  I don't like it.  Moan over.

In between making mincemeat, marking prelim papers and helping with homework I've managed to make a couple of Christmas cards. 



It's been a while since I coloured on Kraft card and I still can't get the skin right, but I'm pleased with Tilda's hair and her dress.  The papers are a mixture of Authentique and Simple Stories (love this year's Christmas pad) and the border was cut with a Memory Box die.  The only embellies are a couple of pearls, a charm and some twine as I need some cards to be flat for posting.

I added a fair bit of sparkle with some Glamour Dust but I must confess that not all of it is stuck down with glue.  'Cos I've been making mincemeat while marking prelim papers and helping with homework.

I'm now off to unstick the pages of the Boy Wonder's homework jotter and rub off the sticky splodges on the exam papers.  Still, everything smells very nice.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge:  For the love of Tilda
Ribbon Girl:  Add Sparkle (with added mincemeat!)
Magnolialicious: Stickles and/or Glitter (see above)

I should also tell you that we have a new challenge starting today at Sweet Stampin'.  The theme is Snow People and we're being sponsored by Bugaboo, Di's Digi Downloads AND Joanna Sheen! So go and check out what Team Fi have made here - hope you can play along this week!

Hugs

Tracey xx

18 comments:

Penny said...

I think you did a fab coloring job on the Kraft card stock! Love the die cuts, the design & papers, and your embellies, too! Just a fantastic card! Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge! Hope to see you again next week! (When you get all the sticky off of everything--lol!)
Hugs, Penny

Céline said...

fab card, love the coloring on kraft
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline

Ribbon Girl said...

A very pretty card, I can't get the hang of colouring on kraft paper at all, Tildas dress is really pretty. Thanks for joining in with our challenge, Mary G x

Lou said...

Hi! really gorgeous card,love your design and pretty detail too.Not had a go on Kraft yet! Know just how you feel about multitasking, George has been working on a space project all last week with Mummy's help too lol!
May have to buy some Xmas cards :)
Have a lovely day,hugs Lou.xxx

Faye said...

You've been making mincemeat?! I am not worthy. And actually I think you should leave the glitter on the prelims.

You should be pleased with your colouring on the Kraft, it looks great, especially the hair and dress! Her face is fine too, don't be so hard o. Yourself. I also like the details, the postcard, the snowflake and the papers are lush. Hmm, I think that's about it!

xx

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card Tracey ! I love the colouring on kraft cardstock and the papers and embellies are so beautiful ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Jacqui P said...

wow this is just stunning Tracey! I always love it when you colour on kraft, so clever! my boy starts his prelims tomorrow!! I think I am more stressed than he is!! Well someone has to be!! :)
Hugs
Jacqui xx

mixamatoasties said...

Oh wow Tracey, this is fab! Love her on Kraft, she looks fantastic :)

So, if you're making mincemeat does that mean you're making mince pies?!

Susan xx

coops said...

so stunning tracey.i love your colouring on the kraft and really gorgeous image :D

xx coops xx

Delphine said...

Gorgeous card, Tracey! I love your colours and colouring on kraft, love the touches of white! Beautiful layout too! Hugs Delphine xx
PS: Thank you:)!!!

catherine said...

Great card Tracey and love the Kraft and natural look to it. You sound as if you have been really busy and multi-tasking!!
x catherine

Lau W said...

Wow superb colouring on kraft ! Your card is so wonderful !
Have a nice day !
xxx

Doreen said...

fantastic card Tracey. Fab design and embellis
Hugs
Doreen xx

Gail said...

Awesome coloring on this. Love the papers you used and the embellishments! --
Gail

Gail said...

What a challenge to color on the kraft paper. I haven't even attempted it yet but it appears you've mastered it. Just gorgeous card! --Gail

Dortesjs said...

gorgeous card,love this stamp

Suzan L said...

Hi Tracey, your card is darling!I love the design papers that you used along with the postcard to Santa! Thank you for joining the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog Color Inspiration Challenge. I hope you join us again soon with one of your beautiful creations.
Hugs,
Suzan

Crissy Armstrong said...

Mmmm loving your brown Kraft base and the white pencil crayon on top - that just looks amazing!! Love the little post card tucked in behind it too, that looks fantastic. Love it all!!