After my panic at not having made nearly enough Christmas cards and my shame at having had to give Mr John Lewis the benefit of my custom in the card department, I suddenly had a brainwave! This was in no small part due to inspiration over at Pink Petticoat.
After parting with a very reasonable sum of small change, I printed out a number of Pink Petticoat Christmas sentiments onto linen card, cut them out with Nesties and mounted them on a contrasting Bazzill base. I cut some Magnolia Doohickey shapes, including the small star tag above, from white card. I embossed the star with gold powder twice, added a loop of gold embroidery cotton and there it was, a CAS card that I rather like. Shame I couldn't get a decent photo!
I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Midweek Magnolias - Starlight, Star Bright (Magnolia Doohickey Star Tag)
Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Anything Goes
Hugs
Tracey x

14 comments:
What a sweet little star! Thanks for playing along with the Anything Goes challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!
Sometimes CAS is best. :-) It looks fabulous! Hugs!
Hallo Tracey,
eine sehr edle Karte ist das geworden.
LG
Ulla
Hi Tracey
Yep I have been so busy making for everyone else that I haven't even started Christmas cards to send myself!!! (I too have had to buy some!!).
Your card is great using the PP ssentiments. They are really useful don't you think?
Hope you have a good week.
Love Jules xx
A gorgeous CAS card.xxx
What a beautiful and elegant card Tracey ! I too love the digital sentiments from Pink Petticoat ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine
Hi Tracey, there's a lot to be said for CAS! This card is beautiful!
Chris
x
simply gorgeous tracey.stunning cas design :D
x coops xx
Fabulous clean and simple card. Thank you for joining us at Midweek Magnolias. Good luck!
Hugs
Suzi x
Very elegant and stylish looking and will be appreciated
x catherine
What a fab idea! I am with you, too many cards to make. determined not to buy them, so some lovely CAS creations are the order of the day! :) Jen x
A great CAS card hun - love it. Hugs, Claire x
Thats a gorgeous card Tracey, I really like the layering.
Wedgie xxx
WOW....Tracy what a fabulous CAS card, I wouldn't have thought this was your blog if your name wasnt there. You do CAS well hunni.
Thank you also for joining us at Midweek Magnolia's, hope to see you again hun.
Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx
Post a Comment