Did you have a lovely Christmas? I hope so! However, I have a feeling we'll be eating turkey in one form or another at least once a week until next Christmas! The mince pies have gone, the cake has a good wedge taken out of it (and very boozy it was too) and we used up the last of the bread sauce and cranberry sauce last night. How we still have so much turkey left, I'll never know, but I'll be on the Good Food website later to check out the various ways we can keep eating the same thing without anyone noticing!
Having been a very bad blogger in the run-up to Christmas, I thought I'd better try to make up for it while I'm on holiday. This is the box I made for Mum and Dad's Christmas card:
I used papers from the Maja Design Christmas pad (from Live and Love Crafts) and matched these with some gorgeous ribbon from the Ribbon Girl. The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. I stamped an older Tilda and coloured her with Distress Markers, adding some Glamour Dust to her halo and wings. The banner is a hAnglar and StAnglar stamp and the sentiment is by Magnolia.
I put more of the gorgeous ribbon around the edge of the box.
The star pin and pearl stems are from my stash.
I'd like to enter this project into the following challenges:
Simply Magnolia - Gift Box
Deep Ocean - Santa is coming to town
Live and Love Crafts - Anything but a card
I'll be back to show you the card which went inside the box over the next couple of days. In the meantime, enjoy the rest of your Christmas holiday!
Hugs
Tracey xx

11 comments:
You have made a beautiful card Tracy!
Have a nice weekend.
Hugs Nicolet
Oh Tracey this box is gorgeous ! What a fantastic way to present your card ! Can't wait to see the card itself ! Keep enjoying the turkey !!! Have a lovely week-end Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine
This is beautiful,love the image and fabulous design.xxx
Your card is gorgeous,love the image...fabulous colours.xxx
Absolutely gorgeous hun - I bet they loved it - gorgeous colours. Hugs, Claire x
Hello Tracey xx
Love your beautiful box, the papers are gorgeous!!
Thanks so much for joining us at Deep Ocean with your beautiful project.
Love,melly. xxx
so stunning tracey.really gorgeous details and layers and i love your sweet image :D
xx coops xx
That's so gorgeous, Tracey! The flower arrangements and lace just gorgeous with that sweet image!
This is a bewautiful box Tracey and love the colours. looking forward to seeing the card too. Hope you had a great xmas and find some delicious ways to eat the turkey!! Must admit don't eat it so we have honey and mustard ham. Pleased to report it has all been eaten!!! but was lovely though!All the best for the new year
x catherine
A gorgeous box Tracey, such a sweet Tilda and love all your details too - fab flowers! Happy New Year hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x
Wow. This is one of those projects that deserves a huge WOW. It's beautiful! Now for a laugh....as I'm looking at your blog, I see a "bug" moving from the top of my screen to the bottom. I try to swipe it away and can't. It's a snowflake you have fluttering on your blog. Hahahhaha on me!!! Hugs, Gail
Post a Comment