Sunday, 2 December 2012

Pretty in Pink

I have to say that pink isn't the first colour which springs to mind when I think of Christmas!  However, I wanted to give my Distress Markers an airing and the pinky shades match the Magnolia paper quite well, I think.


I splodged the edges of the Magnolia paper with Picket Fence paint and put this on top of some Maja Designs paper from their Christmas pad.  There are two heart shaped doilies underneath the image with a Magnolia Doohickey lace die cut from white Bazzill.  I added some pink seam binding tied in a double bow, a Magnolia sentiment and a few flowers.    All edges have been distressed with Antique Linen DI and I added plenty of Glamour Dust to Tilda's wings.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Magnolialicious - Pink Christmas
Deep Ocean Challenges - Pastel Colours
Tilda's Town - Celebrate Christmas
 
 
 
I must also let you know that we have a new challenge at Sweet Stampin'!   The theme this week is Ribbons and Snowflakes and we've got some great prizes as usual; this week we're sponsored by Stampfairy (a $10 voucher) and Joanna Sheen is once again sponsoring the monthly prize draw.  Hope you can join in!
 
Hugs
 
Tracey xx

14 comments:

Faye said...

Right then Mrs. Fab card. Gorgeous colouring. Lovely details. So there. X

Louise said...

Very pretty card, fabulous details. Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town for our challenge
Louise

Dawn said...

Your card is beautiful. I love the pretty soft colours and Tilda looks amazing.

Hugs, Dawn

Anonymous said...

This is so adorable ! I love the sweet image and the beautiful embellies ! Gorgeous as always ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Chris said...

Beautiful card Tracey! The pink looks great!
Chris
x

coops said...

so beautiful tracey.your design is really pretty and i love the sweet tilda :D

xx coops xx

Tracy said...

Pretty, pretty! So delicate and feminine. You were right to break out the Distress markers. :-)

Manu said...

So amazing!! I love all the flowers!!
I love the sweet image and pretty colour!!
Thanks for sharing your creativity at the Deep Ocean Challenge Blog.
Big hugs.
Manu

Teresa said...

Beautiful card, thank you for joining us at Tilda's Town, Celebrate Christmas challenge, good luck and hope to see you again next week. Teresa x

mae said...

Beautiful Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town this week.
Hugs,
Mae

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous card, love the design, colouring and details.
Thanks for joining us at Tildas Town
Hugs
Kat xx

Marlou McAlees said...

beautiful :)

Hazel said...

Stunning card Tracey love the soft subtle colours you have used.

Thank you for joining us over at Die-ing For a Challenge and the very best of luck.

Toodle Pip

Hazel x

Suzan L said...

Hi Tracey, your card is gorgeous! I love the design papers that you used and your coloring is beautiful! Thank you for joining the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog Inspiration Challenge. I hope you join us on Tuesday for the first challenge of the year.
Hugs,
Suzan