Today is the big day over at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'! It's our first challenge of 2013 and the "official" launch of our new challenge blog, although we did have an Anything Goes challenge last month to help spread the word. We were blown away by the number of entries we received - over 400 at the last count!
Our theme this month is Cold and Frosty - perfectly timed for the cold snap the Met Office have predicted for the UK!
I decided to make an 8"x8" card for a change and used a combination of papers from October Afternoon, Basic Grey and Prima. I inked the edges of my DP with Walnut Stain and topped them with aqua ribbon and a bow. The image is one of Mo Manning's amazing digis, coloured with Copics. I added lots of Glamour Dust for some frosty sparkle. The embellie in the bottom right corner has been in my stash for so long that I've forgotten the make, but I think it might be Fancy Pants.
Do come over to Christmas at Sweet Stampin' and take a look at the inspiration projects some of the Christmas Sweeties have made. As we are a monthly challenge the remaining Sweeties will be posting their designs on 23rd January. We have some great sponsors on board, too. This month our prize is a £10 voucher from My Mums Craft Shop. I wouldn't mind that myself!
Have a great day!
Hugs
Tracey x
20 comments:
This is such a beautiful card Tracey ! This image is so sweet and your papers are gorgeous ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine
fab Card Tracey - the image is adorable
Hugs
Doreen xx
Oh, Tracey this is FABULOUS! Love how frosty and wintery it looks and your colouring is absolutely brilliant! The ribbon and the bow are so pretty :)
have a nice day,
hugs
Hanna
This is such a beautiful card Tracey and good luck with the start of the new challenge. I'm sure it will be a great success and lots of people will want to keep up with their xmas cards.
x catheirne
So adorable Tracey...:o)
big hugs Vicky xx
Such a sweet card - love the image and gorgeous colours. Hugs, Claire x
Beautiful card Tracey, I love the little houses in the background.
Hope you're keeping well.
Wedgie xxx
so gorgeous tracey.the image is so sweet and i love your fabulous colours :D
xx coops xx
Gorgeous card Tracey, love the cute image and fabulous colouring..
really adorable..
Luv CHRISSYxx
Coooooooooey! This is a lovely card, the image is so perfect for this challenge. xx
Cold and frosty loveliness Tracey. No need to say that I'm a big fan of Mo's images. You did a wonderful job with this one. Hope to find time to play along. Hugs!
Beautiful card. Love these patterned papers and fun image ))
Hugs
Natali
This is so cute Tracey! The way you've put the background paper behind the little girls makes it look like two little friends walking home and telling each other all their secrets on the way. I like it!
Brilliant card Tracey - love the image and the papers.
Let's hope the title doesn't come true - cold and frosty!
Thank you for dropping by to see me and leaving me some very much appreciated comments.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Ta ta for now.
Hazel xx
Love your Cold & Frosty card Tracey! :) Fab image, they look so cosy in the snow! :)
I tried to find your email address, but in answer to your query:
An angel wing is a little extra half die you get, in addition to the full doily. This is quite versatile as you can make a backing in a contrasting colour.
I have used an angel wing behind the polynesian sails frame here:
http://xxxtglxxx.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/cheery-lynn-designs-challenge-gold.html
So, I cut the frame (or any doily) in my main colour, then the half die can be used to make a matching (slightly larger) backing.
I also used the same method here:
http://xxxtglxxx.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/cheery-lynn-designs-challenge.html
Even though the angel wings are only half a die, they are quite forgiving and really easy to use :)
Many CL doilies come with Angel Wings, its just a little extra and can really make your doily stand out :) but its optional whether you want to use them or not :)
HTH
hugs
xxalisonxx
Gorgeous card, Tracey! Love the image, your colours and that paper is perfect! Thanks for the link to Christmas at Sweet Stampin' - I forgot it was starting (oops)and am determined to make Christmas cards through the year - the challenge is just the bump I need :-) Thanks too for visiting my blog and leaving your sweet comments, I always appreciate them Donna ☺
Hi Tracey, ooooh fab card! Such a sweet image, beautifully coloured and I love that house paper behind it! It's gorgeous!!
Thanks for the comment on my frustrated cooking post. To be fair half of my problem with Emily and eating is of my own making! I'd try pretty much any food (non-meat of course) but hubby won't and I've fallen into the trap of just saying oh well Em is like her dad and leaving it! I should've tried harder, so I've really got no-one to blame but me! It's just frustrating sometimes, 'specially when I'm on a healthy eating kick and they aren't!!!
Sarah
Ooh flip, it's definitely cold & frosty here! Wish I was enjoying it as much as these 2 girlies look like they are! Gorgeous card hon, love the colours. Have a good week xxd
Hi Tracey,
Your card is beautiful. Adorable image, gorgeous colouring. Hope you are well.
Hugs, Dawn
Gorgeous card Tracey. Love the colours and that image is fab.
I'm back to haunt you ;)
Susan xx
Post a Comment