Thursday, 30 May 2013

It might as well be Christmas...

You'd have been forgiven for thinking that it was nearer Christmas time than summer time here this morning.  What on earth is going on with our weather?  Having said that, as I type this the sun has come out and the clouds are clearing away to reveal lovely blue sky - such a lovely change from the grey that we've had for most of this year.

Anyway, here I am with a quick post to show a card I've made for a couple of challenges. 




I used a Tilda from last year's Christmas collection, which I stamped onto watercolour card and painted with DIs and markers.  The pretty paper is from a Magnolia collection from a few years ago and I still love it.  It goes well with Kraft card, I think, which is why I've chosen Kraft for my card base, the sentiment and the fancy circle (Spellbinders) behind the image.

There's a good dollop of sparkle on my card: frantage (my latest addiction) here and there and Glimmer Mist on the flowers.

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

Ribbon Girl (Magnolia Only) - Sparkle
Midweek Magnolias - Sparkle
Tilda's Town - Christmas

Nearly the weekend!  Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs

Tracey xx

14 comments:

Riet Kamstra said...

Your card is just beautiful Tracey. Paper and flowers go so well together and your coloring of the image is just perfect. Thanks for joining us @ Tilda's Town this week.
Riet

Sandra said...

Lovely card, great soft colours. x

Claire said...

This is gorgeous - I love the image and your fab colouring and a lovely layout too. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Claire x

Tina Makuc said...

This is so wonderful Tracey!!
Love the layout and papers and your colouring is awesome..
Thanks for joining us in this week's Tilda's Town challenge..
Hugs, Tina

Anonymous said...

Another stunner Tracey ! What a gorgeous card ! I love the background and the beautiful embellies... Great colouring as always ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

coops said...

so gorgeous tracey.i love your beautiful design and colours and the tilda is fab :D

xx coops xx

Chris said...

Beautiful! Love your merry little Tilda! Gorgeous papers and design!
Chris
x

mixamatoasties said...

That's very pretty Tracey. She does look like she's tiptoeing away from someone.. has she been hiding presents.... am I looking too deeply into this?!

Susan xx

Inkypinkydelights said...

This is fabulous Tracey! Love your Shabby Chic card too. Happy weekend to you. Judy x

catherine said...

This is so beautiful Tracey and such lovely soft colours. have a good weekend
x catherine

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Super, super pretty, love the soft colours. X

Tracy said...

I think the kraft was a perfect choice to go with those pretty floral papers and your image is colored so beautifully Tracey. I'm jealous of your Fran-tage goodies. LOL Got to get some of that stuff. Lovely card! Hugs!

Donna Heber said...

Gorgeous card! I just love all the embellishments.

Kim said...

Gorgeous! I am impressed Christmas cards already!