I'll be honest, winter sports aren't really something you'll hear me discussing. I'm not a sporty person in any season, but winter for me is a time to be indoors and cosy, not out and about being sporty. In front of the fire watching the Winter Olympics is about my limit, although I'll confess that the notion of après-ski appeals to me (but only if I don't have to do the ski part).
So why am I even mentioning winter sports? Because today we start a new challenge over at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' and the theme is ... Winter Sports!
I stamped Edwin sitting flat on his bottom in the snow and masked/stamped the winter church image over the top to make a little scene.
I used Copics for what little colouring there is and added a liberal sprinkling of Glamour Dust for some sparkle. I also a little bit a Frantage here and there - unintentionally, as it was meant to be in the top corners of the image mat but, as I've discovered, that stuff can move about if you're not careful! I managed to get some Shabby White Frantage on a metal corner embellishment once I'd figured out how not to set the house on fire or melt my fingers (heating small things from underneath- tried using a sheet of paper - seemed like a good idea at the time).
The paper is Basic Grey (Dasher) and the snowflake border is a Martha Stewart PATP punch. I've had the big snowflake in my stash for ages and the sentiment is by Craftwork Cards.
So that's me card. I do hope you can play along at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' this month. We have a £10 voucher from Quixotic Paperie to give away, so why not join in the fun?
Hugs
Tracey xx

9 comments:
I love those snowflakes Tracey! And your cute image!
Fab card! Wedgie xxx
This is gorgeous Tracey - love the image and fabulous layout - a great Christmas make. Hugs, Claire x
so gorgeous tracey.your snowflake frame is stunning and fab image and colours :D
xx coops xx
This is just fantastic Tracey. love the layout and image
x catherine
Fabulous scene Tracey, love the snowflakes as a border and gorgeous colouring on Edwin..
luv CHRISSYxx
WOW ! This is gorgeous Tracey ! Your colouring is fantastic as always and I looooooove those snowflakes ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine
Tis fab Tracey I love it! And the notion of Apres part of Apres Ski appeals to me too ;)
Susan x
A gorgeous card Tracey! Love this Edwin (he shares my skiing skills by the looks of it) and the little scene you have created. Beautiful snowflakes, sparkle and frantage.
Hugs, Dawn
Wonderful image! He is sooo cute! Love your coloring and the way this card is with the background is great! --Gail
Post a Comment