Wednesday, 12 June 2013

Cute 'n' cuddly - check. Non-traditional colours - check.

It's time for a new challenge at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' and we have quite a theme for you this month: Cute 'n' Cuddly with non-traditional colours.  Now that's what I call a challenge - and challenge me, it certainly did!



I opted for a cute Lili of the Valley image but what about the non-traditional colours?  Luckily an old MME Christmas pad came to the rescue and I found this aqua paper, which was just the job.  I coloured the wee bear with Copics and added plenty of glitter in the form of Stickles to the tinsel boa.  I put some crackle glaze on the baubles, although you can't really see it.

I kept the embellies to a minimum - a Memory Box die for the bow and aqua pearls in each corner.  I mucked up the sentiment, so I don't know if you can see it!  It's a bit clearer in real life but really doesn't show up as well as I thought it would!

Hope you can join us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' this month.  We're being sponsored by Flatfriends who have 4 digis to give away to our randomly chosen winner.  Why not grab a cuppa and hop over to see what the wonderful Christmas Sweeties have made to inspire you?

Have a great rest-of-the-week!

Tracey xx

15 comments:

Tracy said...

Wonderful choice! The aqua and dark brown work so well together. Love all his sparkly and the great way you colored his fur. Hugs!

Claire said...

Adorable card, love the image and fab layout and colours. Hugs, Claire x

mixamatoasties said...

It's lovely Tracey, so cute. The fur looks fab!

Susan x

Gail said...

I love this card. I adore the teddy bear image and aqua and brown are beautiful together. Your coloring on the bear is phenomenol...it looks fluffy. Gorgeous diecuts and paper, too...such a pretty card! --Gail

Marilyn said...

This is so cute with the boa matching the paper and you can never, ever go wrong with those sweet LOTV images!

Dawn said...

Adorable! I love the sparkly tinsel and beautiful colour. Gorgeous colouring, you've created wonderful texture in the fur.

Hugs, Dawn

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

I really love the colours on this super card, it has a super fresh feel. Article, you might say! XX

Anonymous said...

Oh Tracey this is gorgeous ! Love the background paper and your colouring of the adorable little ted is fantastic ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

catherine said...

Beautiful card Tracey and you certainly worked the non traditional colour part really well.
x catherine

coops said...

so gorgeous tracey.really sweet bear and I love your fabulous colouring of his fur :D

xx coops xx

coops said...

so gorgeous tracey.really sweet bear and I love your fabulous colouring of his fur :D

xx coops xx

Kim said...

So cute! I absolutely love those two colors together!

Chris said...

Your little bear certainly is cute and cuddly (and beautifully coloured!) and I love the aqua! Fab card!
Chris
x

Stamping With Bibiana said...

very cute and I love that aqua color...
bibiana

Inkypinkydelights said...

This is fabulous Tracy! Thank you so much for your lovely birthday card. What a lovely surprise it was. I had a lovely day made all the more special by your thoughtfulness. I looked for an email address on your Blog, but could not see one so am thanking you in this way. Judy x