It's an autumnal theme at Sweet Stampin' this week. We'd like to see trees or leaves on your projects this time. Hopefully the storms that are forecast for the southern half of the UK won't materialise and the trees and leaves will stay safely where they are meant to be.
I tried something really different (for me) for my DT card and went for one layer, no embellies and no colouring! Here it is...
I masked off a rectangular shape using post-it notes and used Distress Inks to colour the panel before stamping the Memory Box trees in brown Staz-On. The sentiment is a rub on. It sounds simple enough, but it took me a few practice attempts, not to mention one or two card blanks, to get this right. I think I'm quite pleased with it and it's yet another flat card for posting.
Our sponsor at Sweet Stampin' this week is the fabulous Hobbycutz and all eligible entries each month are automatically included in the monthly prize draw sponsored by the Ribbon Girl, so everyone basically has 2 chances to win.
Hope you can play along with us this week!
I'd like to enter this card in the Treemendous challenge over at Allsorts Challenge Blog.
Hugs
Tracey xx
10 comments:
Lovely CAS card, Tracey. Gorgeous scene and colours.
Hugs,
Natali
I love this Tracey it's fab! I hate having more than one attempt at stuff and usually give up. Glad you persevered though. And you may have given me an idea... maybe....
Susan xx
Love your beautiful CAS card, Tracey, gorgeous inking and stamping!
Chris
x
What a lovely entry for my Treemendous theme at Allsorts this week Tracey, thank you so much for joining in.
B x
Beautiful design and stamping. TFS Hugz Suzanne Sweet Stampin DT
simply gorgeous tracey.i love your tree`s :D
xx coops xx
Absolutely gorgeous card Tracey. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts for our Treemendous challenge x
Totally gorgeous. The technique is beautiful, and every single one would be unique. I love that! Your colors were great...good choice on these two. And the trees are perfect. GREAT card! --Gail
Gorgeous card Tracey, I love the technique you used. This was definitely worth all the effort you went through.
Love this, especially the way you did the sky and ground. came out perfect!
Post a Comment