Wednesday, 11 December 2013

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow (but not where I live!)

First of all I must apologise for not visiting as often as I should over the past few weeks.  It's been a super-busy term, with lots of staff off sick or on maternity leave and it's left me with very little spare time for crafting or blogging.

However, it's only a week and a bit until we finish school for the Christmas break and I'm more than ready for it. 

Our last challenge for 2013 over at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' started today and we've chosen "Let It Snow" as our theme.  I went for CAS(ish) this time but once again, couldn't stop myself from using my favourite red and white!



I coloured this sweet Tilda with Copics, adding some Glamour Dust to her hat and to the little snowflakes around her.  The snowflakes were cut with a Joy Crafts border die and I sprayed the little WOC flowers with Glimmer Mist before sticking them to the snowflake centres.  Just a ribbon border was all that was needed to complete my card, so it was relatively quick to make.

As ever, my wonderful teamies (our Lesley calls us the CaSSettes!) have made the most beautiful inspiration projects, so I hope you'll be able to check them out here.  This month we're being sponsored by Flat Friends who have 4 digis to give away to one lucky winner, so why not enter those last minute Christmas cards?

Challenges I'd like to enter:

Midweek Magnolias - White Christmas
Without Words - Nearest and Dearest (my darling pal, who is rather poorly right now)


Mum and Dad are coming over at the weekend but I hope to get around to visit everyone on Sunday.

Enjoy your evening!

Tracey xx

14 comments:

Gail said...

I looked at this card and the first thought that came to me was: Hey Tilda, can you be a little more happy? hahahaha! This is adorable. This card is one that makes me smile because this little image is so happy! Beautifully colored, wonderful layout and gorgeous ribbon. Hugs, Gail

Natali said...

Oh WOW!!!!! Looks amazing and elegant!!! and my favoutite colour combination as well ))
Hugs,
Natali

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Gorgeous card Tracey! Love the image and your coloring is fabulous. Wonderful embellishments.

I would love to have you join me for a chance to win FREE candy on my blog if you haven’t already joined. Have a wonderful week! Hugs, Gloria

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Vicky said...

This is uber gorgeous sweetie I love the design & the snowflake border. Tilda looks magnificent in those reds, totally gorgeous.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Chris said...

Beautiful card! Love the red and white, the beautiful snowflakes and the joyful little Tilda!
Chris
x

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card Tracey ! Love your snowflakes ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Hello dear Tracey
what a adorable card did you make!
your embellishments are just so fun and the colors you picked are perfect for tilde
hugs

Suzi Mac said...

This is a beautiful card Tracey, I love the layout, the clean lines and your colouring is fabulous. Thank you for joining us at Midweek Magnolias. Good luck!
Hugs Suzi x

vic said...

Hi Tracey oh wow what a beautiful card and you have colored her in lovely!

hugs

vic x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,fab image and details.xxx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,fab design and details.xxx

coops said...

so stunning tracey.your snowflakes are gorgeous and I love your sweet tilda :D

xx coops xx

Joey said...

Tracey this is stunning, beautiful design. Thanks for joining us at Without Words. Joey x

Hélène said...

I really love this card I will keep this idea for next year I have those snowflakes and it's hard to put them on a card I like the way you managed it!
hugs from Québec!
Helene