Eeeek! No paper! That's our latest challenge at Sweet Stampin' and what a challenge for me, a self-confessed paper-holic! And yet...
I really enjoyed making my DT card. It was quite liberating not having to think about matching card and papers and I found that my new MFT stamps made a lovely backdrop to my focal point. What do you think?
I cut a pierced Bazzill square with a Lil' Inker die (I'm so glad I got these!) and layered this with a square of white cardstock, which I stamped in sugar almond colours using the aforementioned MFT stamps. I cut 2 Cheery Lynn butterflies and layered them on top, leaving the wings on the uppermost die cut free to add some dimension.
I can't say that this was quick to do as I learned that CAS isn't necessarily speedy, but I so loved being pushed out of my comfort zone. In fact, I've got a couple of cards on the go which have much more white space than you would normally see on this blog and I'll post them as soon as they're finished.
It would be great if you could join us at Sweet Stampin' this week. As always, we have a fabby sponsor in the shape of My Creative Classroom. Remember, though, that you need to stamp if you want to be included in the prize draw.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Tracey xx
7 comments:
What a great design Tracey and so effective without paper. Hugs, Claire x
Such a beautiful and stylish card Tracey ! Love the colours ! Have a lovely week-end Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine
Hiya Tracey, wowsa this is gorgeous. Phew, I'm glad it was my week -- I'm like you I love my DP. I love the CAS look of this but I especially love the pretty pastel shades you've used.
BFW I love the message you left on my blog about my birthday and age -- it made me giggle. Thank you hun, and yes we had a great time in York, my hubbie's wallet is screaming ouch ;-) Big hugs Janine x
PS I'll be asking the meerkat question on SS lol x
It's gorgeous Tracey. I love the CAS design!
Chris
x
This is gorgeous and so effective Tracey hugs Sue xx
Don't know what's scarier, no DP or figuring out what to do with all that white space. LOL. You didn't have a bit of trouble. Great stamping and a beautiful card Tracey. Hugs!
Ooh I absolutely love this Tracey! In fact, I might have to CASE it, if that's ok? Gorgeous :o) Hugs, Lisa x
Post a Comment